Realborn Hands?

Has anyone noticed the closed hands on some of the new Realborns? What do you think? I am not a fan of both hands being closed even though babies often have their hands that way-----just think they need a little more pizazz in at least ONE hand. Comments / Opinions??

3 Likes

I’ve noticed all the closed hands too. I prefer open hands, just because I think they’re more fun (and easier) to paint.

3 Likes

I must be a real oddball because I love the closed hands. I’ve always preferred them.

4 Likes

I like one open and one closed just for the fun of doing nails and posing for pictures. I almost always look for that when purchasing a kit.

3 Likes

Yeah, I noticed it too. I quite like one open, one closed, but real babies tend to keep them in fists. It’s already hard to keep them still long enough for the scans, so open hands would probably be very difficult in realborns.

2 Likes

I prefer open hands also. Sometimes I don’t buy a kit cause the hands are closed. Unless I am ordering for a kit someone else wants me to paint…

1 Like

Open hands are easier to paint, but closed hands don’t stop me from buying if the face is cute. It’s realistic to me because lots of babies sleep this way.

2 Likes

I like for one hand to be at least partly open.

1 Like

For photography, I prefer open hands but for realism I prefer closed. Either is fine for me though. Very newborn babies usually have their little hands all curled up so that looks more natural in a calm, sleeping baby. Now a crier or fussy/grumpy face is probably better with open or partially open hands :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes. you make a good point.

I love the ones that have a finger pointing or a hand splayed out like babies do when they are startled. But the curled hands are so cute too. More realistic really…since these are scans of real babies. I’ve noticed the realborn hands have such sweet wrinkles.

3 Likes

I prefer closed hands on the real new babies and open on the ones that are a little older.

I prefer at least on hand to be open. However, I don’t like the ones that look like they are pointing or making some “gang sign”.

3 Likes