Randomness

I’m home today feeling sorry for myself because I’m feeling really bad today. My neck and back are on FIRE! I can barely move much less work on any of my projects which is really bumming me out.
Anyways, I’m the midst of my sorrow, I stumbled upon my dream kit which I thought was no longer available… Tink!
I’ve wanted her and Poppet for as long as I could remember. Tink is the first kit that I buy that was pricey! She will DEFINITELY be my keeper!
Now if I could only find Poppet… lol. Hopefully I don’t find her today because my bank account is screaming at me. Lol.

8 Likes

Tink by bonnie brown? I don’t think she’s a limited edition but I could be wrong. Mine has no number or mention of being limited on the COA. There was a first edition which I think had numbered COA’s but the second edition is open.
Regardless, I hope you feel better and I’m glad you got your dream kit! Tink is a lovely kit and was really easy to paint.

1 Like

Yes, I think the one I got is a second edition kit. Not sure what the difference is? She’s still cute. Lol.
That’s good to know she’s not limited edition! I’ll probably buy another later to sell.
Thank you for the well wishes. :blush:

The only difference is the second edition has a certificate that is not numbered. So the first edition was the very first kits that were produced and when those ran out the second edition started. No difference in the actual kit itself though. I can’t wait to see your version, this kit is really sweet! Only thing I would recommend is going up a size in the eyes. I used 20mm instead of 18mm and I like the look better.

4 Likes

I am sorry you are having a crumby day, health issues can really bring you down. Maybe later tonight or tomorrow you will be feeling better. Either way only do what you can, people will just have to be on your time frame​:wink::heart:️. Congratulations on your Tink!!!

2 Likes

Oh so cute!!! I love your version! She had such a sweet face.
I must have looked for her in between the 1st and 2nd edition. I couldn’t find her available anywhere. When I seen her just now, I didn’t even hesitate. Lol.

Thank you. :blush:

1 Like

It’s possible, or the kit could’ve been sold out at that time and they were waiting for more. Thanks :slight_smile: I adore this kit’s details and he’s got such a sweet face. I made mine a baby boy because when I was painting he just screamed boy to me. He might be adopted, waiting on someone to get back to me about him.

2 Likes

I am trying my hand at creamy first Hispanic baby, I am wondering if she is going to look biracial instead. I am sort of freaking out because I am baking an orangey looking baby right now thinking I can just tone her down with some washes. Can I…will I then make her too dark gahhhh I am starting to feel a bit out of my depth here…

1 Like

Show a pic, it’ll be easier to give advice. I generally go through a stage of them looking orange whenever I do an ethnic baby. I find burnt umber to be the culprit usually, sometimes the dark flesh tones. You can do either blue or purple washes (I usually do one of each) and I don’t find they darken the skin too much.

2 Likes

I want to try AA and darker tones so bad. I just love these kits when they are done right. We have such amazing AA and biracial artist on the forum, after seeing their work, I don’t feel ready. Lol.

1 Like

Okay, I will do a blue first. As soon as her head comes out of the oven I will take a pic of it oranthen a pic after the blue wash dries. Be honest with me ladies :grin::blush:. Sorry if I hijacked your thread @Tessa You sounded like you need some company :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t mind at all! :blush:

1 Like

I’m sure she doesn’t mind lol but you can also pm me the pics if you want to. I screw up ethnic babies all the time so I know how to fix them :rofl:

2 Likes

I talk a lot. So I don’t care at all. Lol.

2 Likes

A master at trouble shooting are you😂.
My hubbys family is all Mexican. His mom is Irish his dad is half Apache and half Hispanic. Then some of my sister in-laws married Hispanic men so all of our families color varies among the nieces and nephews/ grandchildren some warmer toned some almost like they are from India. So I know there are many variances.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Her legs ate baking now

She doesn’t look orange to me! She looks really pretty, I want this sculpt so bad!

2 Likes

To be honest she is my favorite sculpt now! I am loving her!
Maybe I should just do a very light wash then. Hubby said she looks orange… 3 times for emphasis lol. That’s when I started freaking out :joy: