Random Thought #312....Baby Broker

Is it just me, or has anyone else ever thought it would be cool to have a reborn “baby broker?” Someone who could do all the foot work for you in locating long forgotten sculpts (in the event you were ever in the market for one lol)…and haggle with the seller. Or am I just Lazy? lol

So I’ll leave you all with that thought :stuck_out_tongue:
Night Night everyone.

4 Likes

What a neat idea :smiley:

Mind you, I do enjoy the thrill of the chase (or search in this case lol) x

I think you’d have to set up a website and use social media to let people know what you do and would probably have to keep some of the older sought after kits in stock and available so you might be better just setting up as a supplier of Sold Out or Hard to Find kits and just add that you are happy to search for ones you don’t stock for a fee…but you could build yourself over time and once people knew you were there, it might be worth the trouble…Only problem I see with it is that most sought for sold out kits are already over priced so even if you ‘broker’ a deal for them, once you put your fee on there for search and find, they will probably be paying the same or more for the kit anyway…that’s just my thoughts… :smile:

5 Likes

What Starr said!

I want a baby broker to do my marketing and selling… Oh, I guess that’s not the same thing!

2 Likes

It might not be the same thing Piglet-----but it sure sounded great!!! And they could even do that “Sale” thing and you wouldn’t have to tax your brain trying to figure out the percentage off the original price, LOL !!!

1 Like

@nikkiroc
Actually I think it is the same thing. It’s just like fine art brokers. A customer can contact/hire them to track down and but a painting, etc. They attend auctions on behalf of their client to buy & sell art. The same could be done with the babies I suppose. I didn’t even think so far out at the sell, but you are correct.

@westernstarr
You are so right about some kits being overpriced (or maybe just out of my price range). I typically purchase kits only as I need them, for a particular project, so a lot of the time I miss what’s “new.” Do people really buy LE kits in bulk to hold on to and sell later? Seems like that could get really expensive.

2 Likes

What I need isn’t a :baby: “baby broker”. What I need is a personal assistant…you know…like Martha Steward has. That way I can just make a mess, move to the next area, and someone else cleans up and puts everything away! I’m cleaning my doll room and it is a nightmare today! I had little bits of the backing off of sticky felt all over the floor. I had open packages of Christmas lights and glitter everywhere from taking doll photos. My photoshoot background was still up, but tipped over. My paints were out and everywhere. My brushes were dirty and my workstations trashed. It’s all in order now, but it took hours. Can you tell I’ve been creative lately? :smile:

7 Likes

I can…and boy was it worth it…lol :wink:

1 Like

Believe it or not…yes people do that…that is why some suppliers limit the number of kits a person can buy to 2 but I think they have ways of getting around that too…lol I personally only buy what I like for myself or what I think I can sell…mostly do customs now so that cuts down on having to buy lots of kits too…so just buy as they order…I only buy more than one kit if I plan on doing one to sell and one for my 'personal stash"…

I would love to be a reborn artist assistant lol. Personally I love putting things up for sale, packing, shipping, everything. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I want that job Helen, you can be Reborning Martha and I’ll be your assistant. I am an excellent assistant. And I’m cheap. Lolololll that sounds bad… Hahahahaha

1 Like

And Izzy! Assistants need assistance… You can work for Helen too! :heart:️:heart:️

2 Likes

OOH…Sign me up for a Martha Steward assistance too, I think my husband is getting tired of the role lol. @honojane Your doll room sounds a lot like my craft room…things are everywhere, but oddly enough I know where to find stuff; it’s organized chaos. My husband walks by the room and just shakes his head sometimes. The other week I unstrung some jointed bjd hands and totally loss on of the tiny finger pieces…then found my puppy chewing on it. That was my cue to straighten things up.

@westernstarr Wow that’s insane and expensive lol. I’m like you, I only buy what I like and that’s only when I have an already plan for its use. I found these tall shoe box containers at the Container Store. Each one holds a complete baby; kit, belly plate and all the bits and bobs to complete it including whatever props/accessories are going to go with it. I can fit 20 of the containers on my Ikea shelf and if all spots are filled I can’t/do not allow myself to purchase anymore kits, no matter how badly I want one. This is my “anti-hoarding” model. When things start getting too cluttered I have a bad habit of just tossing stuff in the trash…babies and all lol.

All those in favor of hiring @izzy and @Nikkiroc Say I…I! lol

2 Likes

Seriously though… I would hire a baby broker to do marketing and sales.

Great idea! But…I don’t need help finding more kits. I seem to be able to find them easy enough on my own. It’s as if my money has wings on it.

1 Like

Ha Ha Ha…The babies have your debit card number

1 Like

Nik----“Cheap” is OK----as long as you’re not “free an easy” now that becomes a problem. LOL!!!

4 Likes

Lololololol at first I thought that was a hair color!!! But that’s nice and easy!!! Lol

1 Like

Yes, ya silly goose Nice and Easy IS hair color!!! Hey are you going to ROSE??? and are you going to take any classes if you go???

2 Likes