R.O.S.E. contests

Is anyone entering babies in any of the R.O.S.E. contests? I’m thinking about taking my Treasure by Shawna Clymer but I’m not sure if micro preemies are eligible. Also, i’d be heartbroken if she got lost or stolen so I’m on the fence.

1 Like

How do you enter the contests. I haven’t figured that out yet. Plus, I just don’t know if mine would measure up, having never seen anybody elses, LOL.

1 Like

What better way to find out? I e-mailed them about how to enter but haven’t received a response yet. If I decide not to take Treasure, I’ll take a different one. I’m definitely taking somebody. For what it’s worth, I think your dolls measure up. I just noticed on their website it says to enter them on the floor. There are lots of categories listed under Contests.

2 Likes

Wasn’t there something about everyone reborning the SAME kit this year? I thought I read that somewhere----anyone know?

2 Likes

That’s only one contest. It’s a Bonnie Brown kit. I want to do that one, too. At this rate, I won’t have room for clothes in my suitcase. Lol

2 Likes

There’s a list of categories on the R.O.S.E. website under Contests.

1 Like

You can only enter the kit by Bonnie Brown or a Realborn unless you are entering one of the other categories.

1 Like

Do you mean unless you are or are not entering one of the other categories?

l just went and read all the things that have to present in entries and got totally intimidated. I was starting to think I might enter something. :worried:

I’m sure you’ll be fine, Helen!

C’mon, Helen. Enter as a beginner. What do you have to lose? Surely you can find one category you’re comfortable with. Think of it as a confidence building exercise. I’m not the world’s greatest reborn artist. I’m doing it for fun and so I can say I did.

1 Like

I got a bit confused too reading the details in some of the categories. I’d like to enter the the fantasy and animal contests, but not sure if my entries will be accepted. In the animal category everything sounded fine until it got to “Is animal realistically dressed”…What the heck does that mean? What constitutes a realistically dressed animal, what am I suppose to dress it in?

I would think that would mean the "animal’ is dressed in baby clothes (people clothes). I don’t know. I mean what else could it mean, animals don’t usually wear clothes???

1 Like

That’s what I mean…Since an animal doesn’t wear clothes how is it determined whether or not it’s “realistically” dressed? Realistic for who/what; a baby or an animal. My thought was to construct part of the body out of material similar to a lace wig so that I could put hair on the body, in that case there would be no clothing. I sent an email for clarification and waiting for a reply.

Good call, that could get kinda confusing!!