Question about weighting newborn Emmy’s body

Hi there everyone! I have a question about weighting Realborn Newborn Emmy’s body. Since she has 1/4 limbs, her arms and legs have more cloth. When you weight them, do you add little pouches of glass beads? I don’t know if a nylon stocking with weighting would fit in the limbs. Do you also weight the hands and feet?

Before I got into reborns, I used to get these Make a baby kits from Lee Middleton Dolls. They came with the head and limbs already painted and the doll heads had wigs. The kit would include the cloth body, polyfil and these little bean bags with the poly pellets in them that you put in the arms and legs. I wish I could find those little bean bags again. They were perfect. The bean bags just went into the cloth arms and legs. I didn’t weight the hands and feet. Here’s a link to worthpoint to show you what I’m talking about: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/lee-middleton-dolls-make-baby-kit-2006930407
Thanks,
Julie

1 Like

For 1/4 limbs I add glass beads into hands and feet and close it with a polyfill and seal with plugs.
I weight a body and head as I would weight it for a full limbs baby.

1 Like

i fill the vinyl parts with glass beads and seal them with Dr. Scholl’s Moleskin. Then I put some poly fill at the top of limbs, put a knee high stocking in them, and add glass beads. Then I put some polyfil over the knot. This gives the arms and legs a realistic weight. Poly pellets will work, but they’re not as heavy and you can feel them through the fabric. I weight the head and body as I usually would.

1 Like