Question about using a different head with limbs

Hi there everyone! I was wondering for kits with a COA if you ever decide to use a different head with the limbs, were you still able to sell the doll? One of the kits I’m working on is Ruby by Cassie Brace. I think I messed up the head :frowning: her limbs look ok. If I decide to use a different head with her limbs, would it be ok? I only paint authentic kits.
Thanks,
Julie

Are you able to strip it and start over on the head?

1 Like

I switch limbs and heads sometimes! This is Leandre with Laura browns arms and legs :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I send the coa with the head that matches.

11 Likes

Ooh I like him with those limbs!

2 Likes

I have done it before. I think it is totally fine and like Ellakabella said I to send the COA that matches the head.

2 Likes

Wow what a beautiful babe! x

1 Like

I’m not sure. I used the primary method and then started to use a brown to try and darken her up. I didn’t have an exact skin tone in mind when painting her. Here’s some pictures of her head:

Usually when I have tried to strip brown from kits, it has made them turn orange.

1 Like

I think you could definitely strip it and then do a couple layers of blue to neutralize it. I wouldn’t say ruined at all :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks, I am also out of stripper. I heard winsor and newton changed their formula and I’m nervous about using anything stronger.

Ohhh :confused: well shoot. Maybe just set her aside for a while and use a different head. Like others said, nothing wrong with that and just send COA that comes with the particular head you swap it out for and disclose that.

2 Likes