Question about cleaning

Hi everyone I am brand new here and my very first reborn will be here tomorrow :smiley: With the world being what it is now, does anyone have any advice on how to clean a baby when they arrive?

Normally, you would wash all the kits in hot soapy water (most use Dawn dish detergent, I think) and then let them air dry overnight. We do this when we are ready to paint them. I don’t know if there is a real reason to do it tomorrow, but if you are going to start right away, why not? :slight_smile: The majority of the other people on this forum know a ton more than I do. Hopefully some of them will hope on and help you out! Best of everything on your new journey!

1 Like

Actually, I’m not making one I bought a reborn from an artist. I’m just worried about cleaning once he arrives because the virus and all.

I believe that the newest information has the virus only living as long as 5 days outside the body at the most. As long as your doll took longer than 5 days to get to you I personally wouldn’t worry. I would be hesitant to clean the doll with any chemical.

6 Likes

Hi and welcome!! If you can wait I would let the box sit for a couple of days. I believe it takes about 24 hours for it to die from cardboard. Reborns if vinyl can’t be washed maybe unless you wipe with a warm damp cloth as long as it has varnish and use no alcohol. You can wipe her hair with spray conditioner and a comb if she has mohair. I hope someone has more advise.

1 Like

Thanks guys :slightly_smiling_face: He was shipped out on Friday so it’s been a few days. I might let the box sit for a few days, but I’m so impatient.

3 Likes

You could possibly get some disposable gloves, be very careful not to touch your face, and unwrap your reborn just to take a look and then let them sit for a few more days and throw the gloves out. That way you can at least see your reborn.

4 Likes

This sounds like a good idea! Also, you may want to move it to a room on display for a few days, or a few weeks, however long you’re comfortable with. You could put on disposable gloves to change its clothes etc.

1 Like

Wow everyone has such great advice! I will probably glove up and take look at him because I know there’s no way that I can wait :laughing: and then keep him in a little quarantine for a few days.

3 Likes

Oh, OK. I misunderstood. Disregard what I said. :slight_smile:

He’s finally here and he’s perfect! I’m so excited :laughing:

2 Likes

I’ve read where the virus can live on plastic and vinyl for several days.

1 Like

I’ve heard so many different things about how long it can live on different surfaces. I opened him with gloves on to take a look and now he’s in baby quarantine for a couple of days

2 Likes