Proudly supporting knock offs? Ugh

That always gets me too. Of course we shouldn’t be buying counterfeit bags either. That’s stealing too :roll_eyes:

When I first started I was already a customer of AliExpress die newborn photo props… I had no clue about stolen ideas etc. I saw a Kelly brown photography tutorial where she used a fbs to show how to wrap a newborn. When I saw that I knew that’s what I needed to display my photo props in a catalog

All the finished babies were out of my budget and my husband found bountiful baby and the sale kits were cheaper than those on ali express so the rest is history. Now I am educated and no better. It before I started and found this forum I had no clue there was a difference. Sculptors work hard to create those sculpts and they are part of them. They deserve to be paid for thier use. Unfortunately China doesn’t recognize our copywrite laws :pleading_face: that doesn’t make them legal

7 Likes

You are So right…My sister used to say: “You’ve got to walk in the Indian’s moccasins”!!

3 Likes

My two cents to this “woman”.

8 Likes

The people that are getting called out for their open acceptance of theft will jump all anything they can attack you about. It’s the same thing with anything in life. when someone sheds light in something wrong, the idiots that were for “whatever is in question” just get even more mad because of how stupid they are so they’ll attack anything they can so they don’t have to admit they’ve been wrong. They’re doing that about the dolls as well. Hardest thing a human can do is admit they’re wrong.
these people act like high schoolers, defiant and a complete disregard for others because they only see themselves and what they want.

2 Likes

Against my better judgement I went to her FB and replied.

I didn’t research, watch her YT videos, it is not my job to help her go hate viral.

But I had to get it off my chest.
Someone just linked me to your account. I think this may be more a respect for artist and art community thing than anything else. No one can tell you how to spend your money, how you have to honor artists and the reborn community, it is no ones business but yours. You could have purchased the doll, made the changes and gone about your day. You could have even been happy that you somehow hacked reborns. The fact that you seemed to put it out there in a way that seems very confrontational tells me that maybe there is some attention seeing involved. This is a community you want to be in or you don’t, it’s ok if you don’t. But you can’t basically give the middle finger to it and expect support. Artist both painters and sculptors, those of us who treat this as a business work very hard, we may never make much of a profit but we do it because we love it. There is mostly a loving group of people it attracts and that love supports this art form, keeps doing this for people who want a very special baby. It hurts when people steal our photos, scam with our marketing materials, steal sculpts and copy them badly. These people have created mistrust and have damaged our livelihood. Buy a 50 dollar baby if it makes you feel good but please don’t feel victimized because no one is offering a high five. It is really hard when some things are very expensive and out of reach, I would love the new Bronco or vintage Mercedes, or a used Piaget watch but it is not in my financial plan, I own a used car, it is a good car, it does the job. I have a watch I can afford. I don’t feel the need to hack it, steal it, or buy a fake one. My I don’t value things, I value people and relationships, and have found a few good friends here. I would also feel a little embarrassed to brag about a knock off or try to fool anyone. It isn’t necessary. I think you have to decide if this is a community you want to be in, and how you want to be in it. They say all attention is good attention, but really it is meant to be an insult. Still you got me to post. Glad you have found a baby you love.

8 Likes

@Gabriell you always have an eloquent way of wording what you want to say.
I started to leave it alone and not post but like I said before, here, her arrogance is shocking. Then I thought about all the sculptors and artists who put everything into this art and how it’s being ruined by people who behave like her. And then to make matters worse, she is posting for the world to see how it is fine to do and encouraging this thievery. It made me want to barf.
Now, there is a person there defending her and trying to argue with me. She is a person who has a reborns account as a buyer. I find that quite interesting.

5 Likes

Maybe the person arguing will try that knockoff crap on reborns and get herself kicked off there!

I commented on her page that supporting knockoffs is wrong.

She sent me a DM.

Ive since blocked her as i have no interest in associating with theives.

3 Likes

It’s like saying, “Poor people should have Cadillacs, too, even if we have to steal them by creating knock-off Cadillacs.” Yeah, try that and see if you don’t find out that doing that is illegal. Hello lawsuit from the Cadillac maker. And her saying it’s time those of us who call wrong “wrong” keep our opinions to ourselves. Standing up for what is objectively and fundamentally right is not an “opinion”, it is the truth.

6 Likes

Excellent reply to her!

2 Likes

She’s deleted everything. Thank goodness for the screenshots that I’m sure MANY people have by now.

4 Likes

She might be contacted by sculptors and told that they will take legal action against her…idk if that’s a thing but I know the COA’s say that it’s illegal and so I don’t think it’s a stretch.

1 Like

I did see one sculptor commented a few hours ago. Dawn. I think. She sounded so hurt in that comment. Broke my heart.

3 Likes

Ping Lau replied earlier, too…several times. But she deleted that particular post.

2 Likes

Wow…it took all of that and ruining her reputation…
I hope it was worth it to her….

3 Likes

Just noticed she has her page listed as “private investigator”. LOL!!

2 Likes

I saw that and chuckled

2 Likes

Excellent response…

I think that’s not the “Hardest” thing for them to do, the HARDEST is not only to admit it BUT to actually “Believe” they were wrong. Guess it’s a human thing!! lol

2 Likes