Prisma changing colors after sealed

WTHeck…is there a trick to sealing prisma pencils so they don’t go orange or change colors completely???

3 Likes

I am not experienced enough with prisma pencil to answer. I had brown go orange even after sealing and varnish. The spy glass search is useful. I searched prisma pencil and found good information on colors to use and other good information.

2 Likes

Some of them can not be baked

4 Likes

You can look up in the magnifying glass there are many post even showing colour on the pencil and the shades etc .

Most of them change colour . I mostly use the Sephia which won’t change

2 Likes

This thread has very helpful information about which pencils turn orange.
http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/prismacolor-pencil-color-chart-updated-with-blonde/29174

7 Likes

I use air dry paints and don’t bake but the chart that was given helped me.

3 Likes

Hmmm. What color was it?
Expresso is the color I had issues with. I use GHSP and bake but it turned the brows orange. I had to remove them clear to the vinyl the orange had stained the painted layers and the vinyl underneath.

1 Like

Espresso!!! Instead of baking with GHSP can I use soft touch to seal?

2 Likes

I think you can as long as you are all the way done and it doesnt go in the oven again. If it does the espresso will change/turn

You said it is already changing? or did you realize you used the wrong one before varnishing?
If possible can you remove it now?

Already sealed and baked!! Gotta a little carrot top!!

2 Likes

If not a custom or a awful color for the skin tone I would just work with the orangish brows. :confused:
Do you have a mohair to match or are you paining or drawing hair?

1 Like

I think I will try painting over it with brown. If not, I have a sister with red hair, might be her christmas gift this year!!

1 Like