Printers

What brand of printer do you all have, that you print your dolly birth certificates, care instruction sheets, etc. on? My printer has given me issues since we got it, leaving lines and marks on my documents, so we are looking into getting another one and are wondering what brands others have had good experiences with. Our current one is an HP. I want my dolly documents to look good.

2 Likes

Interested as well…

1 Like

I use an HP. It prints very nice photos. It is one of their pricier ones $200+, but not the most expensive.

2 Likes

I have a 40$ Canon. Do print, copy and fax. I love it, it’s just perfect for my needs.

3 Likes

I have a fairly cheap HP and it has been a PAIN since I got it. I think I paid 60 or 70$ for it. It works but it’s difficult lol

2 Likes

Before you choose. Look at the price of ink. It can get expensive. Try to choose one that doesn’t require a mortgage to pay for ink replacement. Lol

7 Likes

I did mine at my library. They came out great.

2 Likes

I did that for a long time but my library charges for each print and more for color prints which gets pricey after awhile.

1 Like

Can you share which canon printer?? I’m part of a bereavement committee and we need a new printer. We provide pictures of babies born sleeping and really need a good printer with good quality photos that won’t be to expensive to refill. Thanks

Mine is a Canon PIXMA MX492.
I sure it’s not the best in the world, but it do great pictures. I paid 40$cad in reduction, I think the real price is may be around 100$cad.

1 Like

This is an excellent point!

1 Like

I bought a canon printer for $44 and had nothing but trouble with it, ink refills cost me $65 and don’t last long at all :frowning: Depending on how much you print you could go to an office supply store etc, that’s what I’ve started doing with my knitting patterns. It’s cheaper than printer ink

2 Likes

I don’t know if every Costco does it but the one near me refills HP ink cartridges for WAY cheaper than buying new ones. Of course you need a membership but if you already have one it’s something to look into.

1 Like

I use Vista Print for my birth certificates and business cards:)

3 Likes

Thanks, all! You’ve given me some things to think about.

I have Walmart - one hour photo, print mine…
I upload my photos on my computer at home, personalize my order (invitation cards), then have them printed. They email me when ready and I drive to Walmart to get them.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea! Thanks for sharing. I may try that when my stash runs low…that’s so convenient:)

2 Likes

Do you load them on a stick (USB) drive to take to Walmart?

1 Like

I work at a print shop, if you are close to one, most color copies are like $.79 or cheaper for one page or less and they have many paper options. This could be an option of you are close to one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No, I do it from home. I just upload the pics to my computer.

I type the information all out for each baby on their birth certificate. And I just reprint the care sheet when I need too. I often print multiples of them though, so I have them here.

Here is one of the ones I did for my ROSE babies, I changed the background color and typed out all the text and fit it in the space for another photo on the invitation that I used. They are 4x8

I print this as my care sheet on a 5x7

7 Likes