Pre Owned dont say "pre owned" anymore?

Scrolling through reborns dot com and there is no title that says pre owned anymore?!
Also there are some people selling their moms collection and they are listed as the artist?! It is so confusing. They are obviously not the artist.
I dont mind pre owned being sold there but there should be a big difference between brand new and pre owned when scrolling.

2 Likes

I still see pre-owned on the front page and on the reborns by type.

I do see on the add a listing form that now it says

Artist or Reseller
Iā€™m the artist
Iā€™m not the artist - Iā€™m reselling

So they would have to choose reselling i guess to get it marked pre-owned. That may be too easy for some to lie aboutā€¦buyers had better ask questions

3 Likes

Preowned is under the link ā€˜Dolls by typeā€™. There was a thread on this not too long ago on here. It was a huge controversy on reborns site.

1 Like

I think she is talking about the form when listing a doll?

Pre owned dolls have their own, separate category now, and are only supposed to be listed under Dolls By Type filter but I donā€™t know how Daveā€™s going to monitor that if people will even use all those filters. I really dislike that thereā€™s now a filter and listing for factory dolls. These two things, to me, make reborns.com just like every other site and not unique to reborns like it used to be and the price for monthly membership is going up to $29.99 mid January. Iā€™m disappointed with all of it.

2 Likes

Please email Dave with your concerns and what youā€™re actually seeing. He needs to know this isnā€™t working as well as he intended.

1 Like

I am still not understanding why yaā€™ll are saying it is not there on the front page. I see it.

What I donā€™t see is pre-owned any place on the form to submit a new listing now.

So sorry for the confusion
It used to say
For example:

Levi (pre owned)
Now it just says
Levi
without the ā€œpre-ownedā€ tag when people are scrolling

Also they have themselves listed as the artist

I think it needs to be clear and defined that something is NEW or USED
also they can claim anyone as the artist, someone claimed me as the artist and it was not me

1 Like

Mine still shows it in parenthesis

Maybe the person who listed it didnt list it correctly.
I see that a lot with the alternatives not being listed as altsā€¦ so they go in the main sections :confused:
Dave has to rely on us sellers being honest when listing, sadly not all of them are

2 Likes

It may well turn out that the pre-owned folks stop stating their dolls are pre-owned in order to get them on the front page. But then again, if he doesnā€™t allow them to sell at all they could just list them as new too.

I see it.

Good catch Ang. There is no place to put preowned when submitting the form. So I click on preowned to see when they were listed and it says 1 hour agoā€¦. 2 hours ago. Now Iā€™m wondering how they are doing that.

Found it! ā€˜Iā€™m not the artist, Iā€™m reselling ā€˜

At first I thought this was not very clear. But then realized itā€™s a good way to ensure the doll is listed under preowned.

Its back now. Now it says
Levi(pre owned)
Maybe there was a glitch or something before

Yes there should definitely be a box that says new or used to check off

Unless they donā€™t check either one. I know I donā€™t check every box because the information is in my descriptions.

This is in the section where you have to click one or the other or it wonā€™t let you complete the listing.

2 Likes

I donā€™t like being forced to click all those filters. Most of them arenā€™t necessary and just clutter up your listing. I havenā€™t listed any for awhile but with all the changes, allowing factory dolls and the increase in price Iā€™m not sure I want to continue selling here. Is it true youā€™re also now required to have a profile picture in order to list?