Powders?

Does anyone use or tried powders? And if so what exactly do you need, and does it stay on?

Following…

Also a question:: If you have used GHSP and powders, which do you prefer? Which do you think makes a more realistic baby? Why?

1 Like

I started out using coastal scents powders and have recently switched to PanPastels. For beginners I suggest you start with the coastal scents or Babyfx powders. What you will need to get started are the powders of your choice, makeup brushes and something to seal the powders onto the vinyl. There are a few options as far as tutorials…REAL has painting with powders, if you purchase the Babyfx brand they come with some basic instructions and there is a whole Facebook page dedicated to it but it’s a secret group now. If you do a search on this forum I’m sure you will find a lot of information :wink:

3 Likes

You build up your skin tones, mottling and washes with the paints and then use the powders to do creases, thin skin and detailing. I find that I like the final results I get using the powders for the finishing touches better than I did with paint alone.

3 Likes

Oh! Thank you for the info!! Do you have any pics with just paint vs powder and paint

What do you seal the powders with?

1 Like

I’m a powder person and do basically what @sweetiepieapril described. I stopped using paint for creases & blushing pretty early on and I love the results I get from the powders. If yo do make a switch to powders, these little guys right here are MUST HAVE in my opinion. They come in a bunch of sizes perfect for tiny creases and inside of the ears. They blend much much better than trying to do it with paint/makeup brushes or sponges alone. You can find them in the section with pastels in the craft/hobby stores,

I seal my powders by doing a bake after I’m done applying, that seems to set them better. Then seal as normal with my satin and bake 2-3x.

5 Likes

Thanks a bunch for help :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

Following

1 Like

Me too!

1 Like

This is new to me. Powders. hmph. So much to know and experiment with.

1 Like