Possible sculpt identification/Do these eyes look too small to you?

So this was a budget alternative that I bought, and for the price paid, I’m satisfied with it. It has a lightly weighted stuffed animal body/head, with just the face being vinyl.

I was told the sculpt was mini Punkin, but when I look up that sculpt, I don’t see top teeth. Mine has teeth that appear to be part of the sculpt.

When I received it in the mail, one eye was loose, it is able to shift side to side. The other eye is secure, but I noticed it appears small compared to the eyelids in this photo.

I don’t intend to bother the artist about these minor issues. Although, I could see perhaps buying larger eyes and making the repair myself. This would likely involve going in from the back of the head through fabric. I’ve mended stuffed animals before.
What do you guys think?

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure, it’s really hard to tell just from photos, but these very well could be the correct size, just not secured correctly… Some people cut too much off of the back flap then have problems getting it to stay pressed firmly against the front of the eye. Or maybe it’s a big eye socket and the same thing happens. In that case something would have to be stuffed between the flap and eye before its glued. Cosmetic wedge is what I often use. Or the eyes really could be too small. It’s only possible to tell by looking at the doll.

1 Like

This pic might be more helpful for sculpt i.d. :woman_shrugging:t2:
I think it also shows how the eyeballs look a bit gappy?

2 Likes

If they are not just falling away from the front of the eye then they probably are too small.

1 Like

@jeanhai @jlesser Do you guys recognize this face? Any thoughts on eyes?

It’s mini Punkin Awake by Manolo Dolls. I think the eyes need to be a size larger but small balls of aluminum foil between the eyes and the flap will push them forward.

2 Likes

https://macphersoncrafts.com/online-store/doll-parts/doll-heads-only/mini-punkin-awake-head-only.htm

1 Like

Doesnt look the same to me…

1 Like

@EmOh how big is your doll?

1 Like

Well… It’s a stuffed animal body.

2 Likes

@EmOh Jujube head… :slight_smile:
https://macphersoncrafts.com/online-store/doll-parts/doll-heads-only/jujube-awake-head-only.htm

3 Likes

Ah! It does look like that. Teeth and all.

2 Likes

You’re right. The eyes on Punkin are larger and rounder.

2 Likes