Posing

I scroll Ebay regularly. I set the search for highest price first.

People put these dolls on and just lay them in the most awkward looking positions.

I scroll down…and think…doll…doll…doll…rarely do I spot one that makes me say BABY!!!

I try to pose my dolls to look as real as possible…I thought that was part of the appeal!!

Of course…as I’m scrolling…they are mostly zero bids…I guess it may not even matter anymore…so maybe artists aren’t spending alot of time on presentation???

4 Likes

Yeah I will come across pics of dolls laying on kitchen tables, dresser tops or unmade beds with a mess all around, toddler dolls sitting on dirty floors w/ trash bags and vacuums sitting in the background and think what the heck, who would buy this doll with a pic like that!? Not preowned dolls either, those are artists pics! I think Rosanna here is the worst offender. She has been touting this rare kit she has reborn up for sale only to post pics like this! I don’t get it, just awful!

7 Likes

Ughh!! I noticed this too…
One does not have to be a professional photographer…but come on! At least try! :woman_facepalming:t3: I just think hoarder mess when I see that kind of display.

5 Likes

Started noticing this becoming more a thing about two years ago. Since we want to paint them to realistic, it only makes sense to me that we should pose them realistically, too. Like you said, it used to be part of the appeal. It’s like the slowing of sales has led to some artists becoming lazy. LOL! I love to pose my babies, think it’s fun. Props, blankets, cute poses. Part of the fun.

5 Likes

Props…I used to use tons of stuff for props!!!
Even my grandchildren :rofl:

JMhpd0

10 Likes

How adorable!

2 Likes

She loved posing with the babies!!!

Here is another one!!

17 Likes

She looks like fun!

1 Like

Maybe my most favorite pic ever! This is so creative!

2 Likes

Definitely a treasured photo to keep forever, and some day she can show her kids.

2 Likes

Your wood bed is my favorite

2 Likes

We did a whole thing with a sort of a sleepover big sister thing!!

@jlesser Thank you :hugs:

3 Likes

You should share a photo with it.

1 Like

This bed @cherielynn09 :heart_eyes:

(I put your forum name on one of the photos you shared with me last year)

5 Likes

Ohhhh…i forgot all about that bed!! I gave it to Goodwill last year when we had to pack up everything…figured I would just go get more sticks if I wanted to ever make another one!!

4 Likes

P.S. i thought you meant the bed…bed…the one rylie is in with the baby! :crazy_face:

Nobody ever acccused me of being the sharpest knife in the drawer :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

That bed is gorgeous❤️

3 Likes

Bet someone snatched it up real quick!

2 Likes

That is so cuuuuuute! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Every time I see branches laying in my backyard I plan to make one, but still it just in plans. I like yours!

2 Likes