Poor Clyde!

Hands and feet… I somehow always manage to reeeeeaaaaaly mess them up. Usually by nicking the paint or missing between the fingers/toes. Well, this time, I think I may have done worse… Poor clyde looks like he stuck his little hands and feet in red paint AND its all caked in his creases! AND I baked it on! Ugh! And the matte varnish that I had to use because he came to me with shiny hands and feet makes it look 10 times worse! AND the paint isnt even sticking in some areas (the matte didnt stick to these areas either…) so the effect is a bright, horrible, ugly, blotchy mess! I’m so frustrated with myself right now! I can’t believe I did that! Why did I have to add that extra red layer! I wish I could show you pictures of this mess, but with current lighting, the pics on my phone make his little hands look decent. His feet arent too bad I guess, but his hands! UGH!!! I really hope I can fix it with a few more blue/yellow layers, but I think I really messed this poor guy all up!

1 Like

STRIPPER TIME! Woohoooooooo!!! :grinning::tada::tada::wink::wink::wink:

1 Like

Yeah, it looks like it! I could cry! I really love the way the rest of him turned out but I alwats have to push the boundaries. Lesson learned, if the first coat looks good, don’t add a second!

I do the same thing Tory… I never stop… Until it’s 2 late! When I make myself stop… I always feel like I should do more. It’s hard to know when is when!!! That’s why I ask the ladies… They are my gauge.! I would just ruin everything without them!

1 Like

I think I may have just averted total disaster… I was able to wipe up most of the red with some thinner on a sponge. In some spots though, its down to blank vinyl. Theres still red in the creases, but its not as crusty looking. I have a lot of work ahead of me tomorrow, and now I am worried that no matter what I do, the paint wont stick to the hands and feet (a problem I had on my Arianna kit…)