Poll for the 2017 rose international doll show

I voted May … But really any time other than July or August . Travelling transatlantic from Ireland means flights are at their highest . But it was worth every penny this year !

I voted the end of June and the beginning of April :wink: I chose the beginning of April because that’s when spring break is and the end of June cause that’s round the time schools get out :wink:

I like April. It is still cold in Ohio and I have to many Birthdays and trips after may.

Yea… I was counting on it being around July 21. But if they move the date to the first week of August— I won’t be attending. Daughters bday is the fifth, house payment due, back to school shopping, college registration…
Too many things during the first of the month. Bummed out. I was looking forward to meeting everyone. Guess not. :frowning:

2 Likes

All I say, is please don’t schedule it the same week as IDTS. I have been fortunate to be able to go to and teach at both, I would like to be to continue to do so.

Thank you!

5 Likes

I thought this year was absolutely PERFECT!!! I’d be happy with a “repeat” lol! I loved the dates and the AMAZING VENUE!!! The hotel was so fantastic…I still cannot get over how attentive they were. Just awesome!

2 Likes

I think sometime around the same as this year would be fine. It was very hot, but who goes outside?? Try not to schedule the same time as any other major shows since we want as many vendors as possible to come to ROSE, and if the shows clash then some may NOT be able to attend and that means bad luck for us buyers!! Also, I was disappointed that some of the major ARTISTS were unable to attend this year due to “life” circumstances. I hope that doesn’t happen next year and they are able to come and make the show even better!! If they have conflicting schedules they may chose the one they think would work best for their gain, I would hope that was ROSE but who knows!! Done rambling!! I vote for mid July!!

3 Likes

It was hotter than the hubs of He__!! BUT, it is dryer than Texas BY FAR!! In fact there is NO humidity, so it is very Do-able!!

2 Likes

Where I live we can almost swim through the air it is so humid. I once lived in Colorado where it was much drier and found dry heat to be more tolerable (I think Utah is more like Colorado). But you do need to make sure you drink a lot of water because you don’t feel yourself sweating like you do in a humid environment, and it can be kind of deceptive in that you don’t feel like you are losing as much water but you are.

1 Like

I’m game for whenever. It would be nice if it was the end of June but for my own personal reasons only. My husband has an annual CE conference the week of July 12-15 Guess I’ll wait and see what happens with ROSE dates and make my plans accordingly

Yes it’s about 104 here every summer day, and about 115 with the heat index… Soooo humid. No one really goes outside from 11-7. I guess I was hoping to! I miss being outside breathing fresh air!!! Lol it’s nice to do if you only get a little break from reality once or twice a year. That being said… If I could of, I would of given up fresh air for you ladies!!! :grinning::wink::heart:

2 Likes

Nik, there’s always next year. Sure hope you get to go then!! WE need you there!!

1 Like

I sure hope to! I wish it was closer! I would of just jumped in my car if it was less than 1000 miles! :wink: I love road trips!

Yep, I would have loved to have been able to drive too but it’s even too far for me and I am in So. Cal. But, I am old and it’s too far, or at least that’s how I feel. The cool thing about driving is you can bring what ever you want and you don’t have to worry about it in an airport!!

1 Like

I’d love early April during spring break! It’s stressful as an artist to have the show be scheduled so close to the ID&TS show, it leaves very little time in between to get new dolls ready for the next show. Doing them a few months apart would be amazing, and during spring break families can still attend with kids.

Utah GREAT CHOICE!!!

I am praying that is around the same time as last year if it’s before the middle of June I won’t be able to go, I’m in 10th grade and my parents won’t let me miss any school if necessary. So I’m hoping it’s middle of June to maybe beginning of July so it’s not as hot as this year was.

1 Like

I’m from Michigan and the heat there wasn’t that bad compared to in Michigan mainly because in Michigan you get a humid heat not a dry heat so it was nice. I don’t think my mom enjoyed it as much as I did haha. The thing I had to get used to was the oxygen in the air being way less than in Michigan due to the hight elevation.

1 Like

I live in Michigan and we drove, I was horrible haha! We drove over 1,000 miles with 5 people in one car with 2 weeks worth of stuff for each of us. My mom said “next year we are flying, screw that!” :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

You must bring our mascot in 2017 if I go! I need a pic of us with that crazy leg

1 Like