Pledge for polish users

For those that used pledge floor polish before the right one was discontinued just thought I’d let you know about an alternative. I bought Bona high gloss floor polish to try and it works fantastic. I tried it on some small oval eyes I’ll never use, the one on the right is the glossed one. It dried really fast and looks even better in person than I could get it to show up in pictures.

7 Likes

Looks good. The pledge wasn’t discontinued, they just changed the label a few years ago. Unless you are talking just recently. I haven’t looked for any since covid.

2 Likes

Thanks for this. I never could find the right pledge

1 Like

Do you have a doll you could show them in? Or a doll you’ve used polish on? I’ve never heard of it, and I might try because I hate acrylic eyes, but need to use them right now for affordability. My thing is all the browns looking purple :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

I was trying to find it a few months ago and a couple people here said it was discontinued. That’s my only info about it being discontinued though.

1 Like

I don’t have a baby those small ones will fit in, I just bought it yesterday so that was my first test. I don’t currently have an open eye baby that I can use it on. If you want I can gloss some bigger eyes with it and put them in a blank kit for you to see.

That looks nice. Even though pledge may not be discontinued it is nice to know there is an alternative that can be used.

1 Like

I gloss the eyes after I have finished stuffing the head. I have used Cermacoat Gloss and Pledge. Not sure which one I used on this one?

4 Likes

I just checked out of curiosity. Our Walmart still has it in stock. I wonder if they just didn’t sell out yet or they really can still get stock once it’s gone. Makes me wonder if I should buy another bottle.

1 Like

It does seem to make them look more ‘wet’ or glassy! I want to experiment with this! Wonder if I could replicate the blue sclera eyes!

3 Likes

Those eyes look amazing!

1 Like

My only info that it was discontinued was from a few people here, so it is possible that it could have just been a COVID supply issue. I had previously used resin but had wanted to try the pledge because it seemed so much easier! But wasn’t able to find it anymore. I’m also going to have to check out the cerma coat that @pia mentioned. When I tested the bona I just poured it on an eye, so I’m still not 100% sure if it will be thicker and glossy when applied properly in an installed eye.

1 Like

This is the tutorial for using Ceramcoat. I don’t use applied eyelashes, but use it after I have rooted and sealed the lashes and inserted and glued the eyes.

2 Likes