Please help with order from Israel!

I got an email yesterday from someone from Israel wanting one of my dolls and they said they see that I don’t ship out of the US, but Now it’s paid for Except I can’t read the address And and need to be charged additional Postage, customs ect!! What should I do? I don’t know if I want one of my babies living in Tel iviv!!:flushed:

could you just refund the payment?

Refund them the money back and explain your reasons.

1 Like

They have gotten back to me with address in English and said to send invoice for additional postage. Does anyone here ship internationally? Customs ugh

I have shipped a couple internationally-one to Australia and one to Colombia. I get it boxed up to ship and take it, with the address, to the post office to get the exact shipping cost. It can be very expensive depending on where it’s going and how you ship it. They will give you the necessary paperwork to fill out. I don’t ship it yet. I come home, invoice for the shipping and when that clears I go ahead and ship. The buyer pays customs and any other fees. Make sure she knows that before you ship as you have no way to know what they will be. You don’t want your baby to be stranded in Israel, or have to pay shipping to get it back. if she decides the customs fees are too high. If you’re not comfortable, you can simply tell her that you don’t ship outside the US, as stated in your listing, and that you’re refunding her payment.

2 Likes

I just sent a refund and message…I’m done lol.

3 Likes

Some people just assume … Makes me mad. I had something listed on eBay as pick up only, because it was old, and large and fragile in a way. No way it could be posted and I did not want to hassle with couriers. Anyway somebody bought it on the other side of the country without any contact before paying. I was furious, but really wanted it out of my way, and so I agreed to get it ready for the courier after she said she will pay for the materials. Spent $40 on bubble-wrap and tapes and it took me 2 days to wrap it, and hurt my back and shoulder doing it, then I spent whole day waiting for the courier who arrived late in the day and at first refused to walk into my house. I had to help him carry it out. Once I let her know it was on its way, I never heard again, she did not pay for the materials, or left FB. It does not matter, I am not that desperate, but I have not been able to do any reborning since because my right shoulder and arm hurts so much I cannot hold the brush for more than few moments, and my back hurts from sitting in the same position.
Well, she is blocked, and next time I am refunding anybody who did not have enough manners to contact before buying.

3 Likes

Oh NO!! I’m so sorry!! It’s really horrible because it left you without being able to reborn as you love to do and are wonderful at, I might add. :frowning: This was an all day event with her. I refunded her 9 hours ago and she has left me hanging with sending it first to LA, then NJ to “friends” or “family” I’m trying to work with people and create a customer base, as I did with my other business. I had my doll on reserved twice on reborns.com as she was trying to figure it all out as she and her daughter Had to have her. The last email I sent her with additional pics resulted in no response, but there is a huge time difference. If I can send it in the states, I will but if she’s pulling my leg, I would like to block her from reborns.com…not sure that’s possible lol Again I’m so sorry you’re in pain…will put you on my prayer list. :hugs:

1 Like

Thanks. :slight_smile: Of-course, my shoulder and back had problems before this incident, but it was manageable, now it is worse, and not even thanks from her.

I would not be dealing with anybody through other person. Tell her that her friend in US can buy it in their own name, with their PP and you send it to the PP address to their US address, then they can work out how to get it to Israel.
It really is not worth it to deal with rude people, and anybody who buys when you state “USA only” is rude. They can always negotiate before they buy; I did that many times. I would very politely ask if it would be possible make exemption as the particular item is exactly what I have been searching for, and 9 out of 10 people said yes. There were couple who declined, one of them lady who had the postal services coming to her place to collect the parcels, and they could not do international mail, and she was way up somewhere in mountains and it was middle of the winter. When people say no international, they often have a good reason.

1 Like

Be careful with sending it to an address in the US if the destination is Israel and don’t use ‘friends and family’. You will not be PayPal protected unless it’s shipped to the PayPal address on file. It’s flattering to think someone wants our babies so badly but I’d just tell her you’ve refunded her because your listing clearly stated that you don’t ship outside the US and would like to leave it at that.

2 Likes

If you aren’t comfortable shipping internationally then do not do it. I don’t either! And one time I made an exception for someone they ended up causing me a big problem. So I just stick to US. I will do Canada however. I’ve never had a problem with anyone who purchased a doll from me from Canada.

1 Like

I shipped to Israel just last month - no different than all the other countries I have shipped to - I charge a straight $80 out of country shipping. So far out of 9 countries it has covered it except one time it was $84. I have only had one issue and that was Singapore and it took 5 weeks to get to them because customs held it for 2 weeks. I have shipped to Singapore, Indonesia, France, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, Argentina, Finland and Canada. (of course I do not charge $80 for Canada)

1 Like

How much is it to Canada?

I just charge $55 - I have shipped 4 or 5 times and that is about average. Except I had a company pay $140 to ship over night because they were using the baby in an ad for Wall Street Journal. (actually it was just a stand in for the real baby)

1 Like

Thank you Pam.