Pictures of dolls done with the primary wash method PLEASE😃

I would love to see some pictures of babies done with this method:-) I know a lot of you have been using it… Can I see? Please? :smiley::heart:

2 Likes

11 Likes

Are you ladies using ghsp or air dry??? I want to try this so bad!!! :heart:

A few of mine with primary GHSP

This was a wip pick^

6 Likes

How many washes are needed for pale skin? I love the look but it seems they get dark fast, mAybe because the mother color is brown?

I use GHSP. Use THIN layers as you go. Try it on a practice part first. No need to be afraid of the washes; they’re the same as when you do any other wash. I love this method because I can omit one color or do two of another in any given round of washes.

2 Likes

I use air dry paints. With the primary washes less is more. The washes need to be VERY thin or the skin tones get dark too quickly. I just finished painting Treasure. She has fair skin. I only used 2 coats of each wash. I’m still rooting her but when I put her together I’ll post a picture. Here’s her limbs.

5 Likes

Some people mix all the wash colors together to make the mother color, so they don’t have to do layers:-)

1 Like

I have a question about air dry… Ok , pretend you are all done painting and baking… You did your last varnish … But you decide you want to add more detail. Can you use the air dry after all is said and done for touch ups?

That one I can’t answer Nikki. I’ve never used heat set paint.

1 Like

Jean, I love love love the skin tone you achieved!!! :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

I’d like to see how that comes out.

2 Likes

GHSP primary washes . :-). I didn’t use powders because I don’t have them yet.

3 Likes

I am totally sold on trying this!!! :heart:

1 Like

I’m also using this method on Larry Blick. He’s still a WIP:

5 Likes

So cute :slight_smile: I love that sculpt. All your babies are gorgeous.

1 Like

Oh he is adorable girl!

1 Like

Looking good!

Thank you, Leslie. :slight_smile: