Paypal Ship station?

I’ve been needing to ship and prefer to just pay and print from Paypal. Now they require you link your account with ship station. Have ya’ll done this? Is it safe? Are there fee’s? Thank you for any advise.

Get discounted shipping rates and manage all your shipments in one place.
To get started, share some of your info with ShipStation. That way, you’ll be able to complete and print shipping labels faster. The info you share won’t be used for any other purpose.

[Connect Your Account]

I’m not sure, I haven’t been required to do this and I do not have a shipstation account. When I have an order, I just click on “print shipping” and I just go to the same paypal shipping. Is this (connecting to shipstation) something new?

1 Like

Yes! I don’t like it :frowning: I can’t pay without it. Can’t click on pay without it coming up and can’t seem to get rid of it.

1 Like

I have been stuck with this shop station nonsense as of late. No option, when you click on the shipping part, off you go. I never did create an account with them, it was an automatic thing.

There’s already been one problem after voiding a label and not receiving a refund. After a bunch of emails back and forth with me sending screen shots of the transaction and all, they requested the numbers off of the actual label… which I couldn’t access at all since it had been voided. More emails. Finally I got my refund.

What you have to do is keep all of the emails they send when you print the labels so you have that information on hand and don’t have to waste an entire week going back and forth if there is a problem.

1 Like

I have been using it but no problems. It is the only way I can ship through PP now. I am not as fond of it because I do not know if the Insurance is actually through the USPS or them. I noticed when I paid for insurance then printed my label it does not say Priority Insured like it used to. So that makes me wonder if it is Shipstation insurance?

2 Likes

Oh that’s so rubbish :cry:. I don’t want to deal with them. It won’t give me an option to bypass them. It’s ridiculous. More stress. :joy:

1 Like

Ty Angie. Right I’m concerned about the insurance
Maybe if I google about them. But to Link my PayPal account I don’t know. Would they have access to my cc and bank accounts? :cold_sweat: are they less expensive I wonder?

I’m not going to do that. I get labels from the post office and ship from the post office. PayPal’s changing a few things that I don’t like, one of them being having to give them a cell phone number in order to access my money. How can that even be legal?

1 Like

If you are like me and need to be able to print your labels from home there are a few alternatives but I have not looked into any of them. This article does rate Shipstation as one of the top ones though.

2 Likes

If they are less expensive, I can’t tell. I’m on the East Coast and just paid $53 to ship a doll halfway across the country. I’d usually not pay this much unless I was shipping to California.

1 Like

I’ve been using it. My only issue with it is that I can’t do other carriers just USPS & there’s no international options. You HAVE to use Shipstation if you want to print labels from PayPal. It’s basically the same as the old system. You’re using PayPal to purchase the labels and such. It goes by whatever you want to use that’s linked to your PayPal. Printing the labels from PayPal are in fact cheaper. I dislike I can’t use UPS & have those discounts anymore because their rates are significantly less when shipping from the East Coast to West.

2 Likes

I can’t go to the PO. Our closest one burned to the ground and the other is way too far. So I print and have packages picked up.

1 Like

Thank you Angie!!

Well boooo. Can you print labels-USPS, FedEx, UPS other than from PayPal and still have packages picked up?

Yikes girl friend! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That sounds good Sierra! Do they offer USPS Regional rate boxes? I’ve always hoped that Paypal would make that an option. I don’t ship out of the US.

I didn’t realize PayPal switched to Shipstation, but I’ve been using Shipstation since 2017 for my biz. The lowest membership is $10/mo (though that’s probably waived when going thru PayPal? I hope??)

If you ship a lot, want automation, ship internationally, want to compare shipping prices, want a free account with Stamps.com, want documentation of all your transactions and customers and whatnot…it’s maybe worth it? But I just left Shipstation becaaaauuuuse…

At shippo.com you can get the same discounted postage to print at home with no membership fee! Multiple carriers too, and you can compare prices before choosing to print. You create an account then pay as you go- it’s 5 cents to create each label. But their shipping is discounted over going to the store, so it more than evens out. International shipping isn’t as discounted as Shipstation, but I did the math and it’s cheaper for me this way over paying $120/year for the platform.

Plus, Shippo is super user friendly. And their logo is a hippo :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you! This is great to know. I must try your shippo :wink:

What I learned from my experience that Shipstation is free and basically a bridge between PayPal and USPS. They provide same shipping discounts as PayPal had, or Ebay has. I compared the prices for the same destination as I was curios. And yes, using Shipstation via PayPal on line is slightly less expensive than go to the post office, but you need a printer, which I know some people here don’t.

1 Like

I just shipped a package to Canada and I had to be able to purchase insurance because it was a silicone doll. In order to get enough insurance coverage I had to use Priority Express. There was no option to do all that through the PP link to Shipstation so I ended up doing it online through USPS.com and paying full price. I then went to my PO and he checked it to make sure it was correct and it was. He said I needed to bring Priority Express packages to him anyways to be scanned immediately and sent on their way since it was Express.

I sure hope PayPal doesn’t make it a requirement to ship through them.