Paper Glaze-how thick should it be?

I just bought some paper glaze for the first time and am wondering if there is something wrong with it. It is very thick like the caulk that you put around windows. That makes it really hard to get smooth- I was expecting something with a more fluid consistency. What should it be like? I thought it would be kind of like the Genesis Air Dry Gloss that is not longer available, but it definitely is not.

Uh oh…sounds like it’s dried. Mine is very fluid.

2 Likes

Mine has always been the consistency of glue… I tend to mix really well. Sometimes I find mixing a tiny bit of genesis in can help

2 Likes

Yes, mine is the consistency of liquid glue also. Have you tried shaking it up to see if that helps? It sounds like it might be dried up a little, maybe

1 Like

el que tengo es fluido, seran diferentes?

1 Like

My paper glaze is very fluid. I’d exchange that one.

2 Likes

When it’s thick it’s gone bad.

2 Likes

Shoot- I ordered it from BB with my new GHSP. I will contact them about it. I tried shaking it, but that did not seem to change anything. It is actually pretty hard to squeeze out.

1 Like

Mine, too. Like glue. Then, when I dip my brush in it, it goes on the doll very think and smooth. If it is really thick, I think it is probably not good. Aleene’s Paper Glaze did, I believe, replace the one from BB.

1 Like

Thank you all! I contacted BB and they are sending me a replacement. I have to say they replied and shipped the replacement right away. They have to be VERY busy with ROSE, so I definitely did not expect that. Top notch customer service for sure!

3 Likes