Paints plus

I bought some tutorials from DBS and I thought I had all the GHSP colours I needed to start. However its seems there are some key colours I need so have added quite a few to my cart.

To make shipping worthwhile (my excuse) I looked at some more kits but can’t decide which one. Has anyone had experience with either the kits or sculptor?
Annie Steffi

1 Like

You could make it really worthwhile and get both. lol :crazy_face: Seriously, though, they’re both cute.

4 Likes

I was kind of hoping someone might suggest that LOL Thanks @jeanhai

2 Likes

Any time. I’m a Grand Enabler. I have an Ilse by Menna Hartog that’s next up on my to do list. I really like her but she’s LDC vinyl and it’s super soft so I can’t comment on her other kits.

2 Likes

I do like them both - I have also noticed that I seem to be attracted to more doll like kits. I guess that will probably change over time.

Nothing wrong with that. It’s much more fun when you paint kits that appeal to you. I think both of these look pretty real. I think it sometimes depends on how they’re painted. I like to see the blank kits so I can get my own vision.

1 Like

I think I will paint sleeping Jade from loosely from basic tutorials and see what happens. I am likely to follow the Lara tutorial for Asian skin tone on Ping Ping much more carefully. Not at the stage yet where I can look at a sculpt and imagine what I would like it to look like :slight_smile: There is no way I could have imagined Huxley as cute as all the representations seen in this forum - I didn’t like the blank kit - but now I see she/he is one of the cutest :slight_smile:

I had a vision for Huxley when she was only a sneak peek. I just sold mine. Her new mommy just got her today and loves her to pieces. I miss her. She makes my heart smile. This is the first time I’m seriously thinking about getting another one to keep.

1 Like

Don’t hesitate :slight_smile: Conratulations! your Huxley was adorable and I am sure your next won’t be the same but you will be painting for you and even more special

I could probably do a reasonable facsimile but I have to use the money from Huxley to get my car fixed. Hopefully I’ll have some left.

1 Like

I can understand that - I keep buying doll supplies when I should be investing in hearing aids.

But I can afford a $100.00 kit or 2 but not $6000.00 hearing aids :frowning: I am not totally deaf but I do struggle in different situations. I can hear the news perfectly on TV but find it hard to follow anything else without sub titles. My car is over due for a service :thinking:

1 Like

Annie looks more realistic, Steffi is more doll like. If that helps. But I prefer the Steffi face. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Agreed :slight_smile: Annie has a cute little tiny frown, Steffi makes me think of a little chipmunk with her chubby cheeks - I didn’t show the other kit on my wish list - Journey by LLE - still haven’t clicked the ‘BUY’ button :slight_smile:
Journey

Jmho, I wouldn’t want to live with a cranky faced baby.

1 Like

Yeah that’s something to consider for sure! Plus the price :slight_smile:

No input other than they are both super cute! The first one is my fav :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Lately my answer to this question is to get nothing lol cause I can’t decide on one

1 Like