Painting less teeth Question(Answered)

I just wondered has anyone here done the Sofia kit by Reva Schick or seen the kit close up ? I just wondered if the kits teeth were so pronounced you would have to paint them or if you could just paint them as if they were part of gums or inner mouth .
I don’t care for the over toothy mouth on it just a couple would be cute in my opinion the full set is just a bit more than I care for .
I got these pictures from one of the kit site’s for comparison the one with the less teeth look is fine with me anyone know ? .
The only picture I found of the blank is no help .

2 Likes

Lol guess not so I may have to buy it then find out have to decide if I am that curious :sunny:

1 Like

Were those teeth sculpted in, maybe? Looking at pictures from the upward angle, some of the finished dolls appear to have upper teeth, some appear to have lower teeth, but all are from the same sculpt. In other pictures of the doll with the two bottom teeth, there is no appearance of upper teeth at all - it looks to me like they were either sculpted and added by the artist, or they’re easily painted as gums!!

1 Like

Thanks! that was my thought also however I haven’t seen the kit to be certain so guess it is going to be one of those wait and see things if I get it.

In this picture it appears there isn’t any teeth at all! When you get her let me know. I love that face I just don’t know about the teeth…

2 Likes

My problem exactly :smile: if I decide to get her I will keep you in mind .

Those bottom teeth look like they were added in later. The upper teeth I’m not sure of.

2 Likes

You can buy teeth for toddlers and kid kits. It looks like that may be what people did.

1 Like

Yeah that’s my problem too lol not seeing the kit up close I cant tell and being as those were prototypes I thought they might be what the sculptor meant it to be like .

I like her. She is so cute. As far as the teeth, I guess it is personal preference. As far as if they are already there, I think a person could send an email to the company that sells them and ask.

1 Like

Where would you buy teeth?

1 Like

Dolls So Real sell them, I buy all mine there. That kit did not have teeth when released and was not a good seller

2 Likes

Thank you ! I for one do not care for all those teeth it just looks creepy to me

4 Likes

Irresistibles has just the Sofia head for $39.99. That would be a cheaper way to go about it if you aren’t sure what you’re buying.

1 Like

After years of procrastination I’m working on my 1st toddler! I won’t be adding teeth this time but it would be something to think about! Thanks!

2 Likes

These are Irresistibles prototypes. The top picture obviously has 2 sets of the fake teeth added as bottom teeth. The fake teeth come in pairs. The way the artist put the pairs in, they don’t line up evenly and look like 2 pairs of teeth next to each other. The other photo doesn’t appear to have bottom teeth. I know Irresistibles has several prototypes of various dolls with teeth added. To me, a prototype should be painted just as the kit comes. No alterations should be made. Its hard to know what the kits look like when the artists adds teeth.

4 Likes

agree. you can buy a full set, or just the 2 or three I think also. and can be done a lot neater than that fist pic LOL

I agree. It might be the kit though, too

Thanks for the input everyone now I will just get rid of all those teeth and see how the kit looks before making up my mind .

I like the one with the two bottom teeth the best.

1 Like