Paint problem

These? Traditions Canvas Art Paint

Angie, are these better than the ones we can get at Hobby Lobby, etc? I guess I should ask if these are artist grade?

These do appear to be better than craft grade. It does state that they are artist grade paints here I have no experience with them so I cannot tell you about whether they have good adhesion properties. You want paints with high light fastness and also minimal inernt or filler ingredients in them. I found this online about these you are using.

1 Like

Yes they look like those except mine are in a bottle. We don’t have the tubes over here, at least not yet anyway.

They say artist quality and are called “premium matte acrylics” on them so presumably they’re the same? They’re definitely not the ‘crafters’ ones.

2 Likes

I am thankful for you that you have found something suitable where you live. :slight_smile:

Thank you Jacelyn. I assume that once things are back to normal we’ll start getting the tubes over here as at a guess they look to be a revised/newer packaging. At the moment I’m just thankful for the ones I managed to get as they’re almost all sold out!

Going to put a layer of sealer on now, PRAYING it doesn’t ruin the paint!

1 Like

Looks like I was worrying for nothing - the sealer has gone on perfectly over the paint. I was going to do put two layers on but I think that might be too much with the varnish as well and make it flake or peel. Will it be ok to varnish now tomorrow afternoon or should I leave it longer, like maybe until next week?

1 Like

You’re almost finished! Good job!

I am! I put the varnish on this afternoon and it seems fine. Just the weighting and assembly to go now! Going to wait until next week to make sure the varnish has dried properly but it certainly look to have adhered well.

1 Like