Paint One Of Your Favorite Kits CHALLENGE PART 2!

Time for part 2, woo-hoo!!! Below is mostly a copy-paste from the first post, with a few edits:) I wasn’t able to finish Little Monkey on time so I used a dream cuddle baby I had recently finished. Below is my WIP of Monkey, he’s further along than the picture shows so I’ll post another WIP soon!

From the first post:

I’ve got a list of babies I want to paint someday, and the list keeps growing because the sculptors are amazing and keep producing such beautiful kits! I decided it was time to paint one of my dream kits! I thought it would be fun to do this with others, so the challenge it to pick one of your favorite kits that you have been waiting to reborn. No more excuses of waiting to get better, or finding some free time (I’m really giving myself a pep talk here). Time to paint a dream baby!!!

If you are a brand new artist you might want to wait before starting a favorite sculpt, I ruined so many when I first started. Just thought I’d put a disclaimer so no one gets mad at me in case of a mishap. Participate at your own risk. :grin: If you aren’t ready to start a dream kit, or even if you are, we can talk about which kits are our favorites. Please join in, I need motivation to not chicken out and keep waiting to paint a favorite. The kit I am painting is Mumma’s Lil Monkey by Bonnie Brown.

Let’s have everyone email me their final pictures (1 close-up and 1 full body) between August 1st-4th to amarantinebabies@gmail.com. No WIP date, I want this to be casual and have people work at their own pace, or even jump in last minute if they want to. I’ll post all the pictures together after they have all been submitted.

Links to first thread and the PARADE from Part 1! :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Please count me in for part 2. I already started to work on Vince By Lilianne Breedveld. He will be DS baby-girl Victoria and my keeper. I also started on Huxley, as she reminds me my baby-sister. She planned as my keeper also. And if time permits, I would like to paint River by A. Toner as I have a soft spot for Asian babies. Planning her as a keeper also. It’s a LOT to dream about! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Count me in! I have a few things to work on first, and I move at a pretty fast pace, so I will pick one that I won’t start for a few weeks. I will be painting Luise Wegerich. This is Alexa Calvo’s version.

7 Likes

I’m in, and should definitely be finished my Edwin in time for this one!

1 Like

I’m in again. It’s going to take me a bit to decide who I’m going to do, but since I have till August to complete I have time to make up my mind. This is so exciting. @PhotographyForLife this is where the hoarding ends and the painting begins. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I am in, I am undecided on which kit, so let me get back to you on that.

1 Like

I love all of those kits! The best dreams to dream about! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Your painting style would be amazing in this beautiful kit!

I can’t wait to see your Edwin!!

1 Like

It is a hard choice! I have a handful of dream kits waiting to be painted, it’s fun to paint one of them!

1 Like

Awesome! I can’t wait to hear what kit you pick!

1 Like

I’m in. I’m going to paint Yona by Christa Gotzen. Once I get her outta the strip bowl, lol…

5 Likes

Love your choice! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you! I plan on keeping her as I have no keepers yet! She’s so petite & serene…

2 Likes

I have had poor yona on my painting table with no more than one coat of paint to seal the vinyl for weeks. Been feeling so uninspired. Decide today I am going to paint him in an India India skin tone.

3 Likes

I have decided that Tobiah my very first LLE sculpt will be my entry kit of choice. Poor Lanny was kicked outa the big seat for big sis​:grin::joy:

8 Likes

She will look great with an Indian skin tone, I can’t wait to see her!

1 Like

I love your Lanny and I can’t wait to see your Tobiah done!

1 Like

This is Yona

This is the skin tone I want to achieve ( I adore Angela Plicka)

7 Likes

Who’s the first Angela Plicka baby? The sleeper with the slight smile? I don’t think I’ve seen that kit before but she’s adorable!

1 Like