Overheated Head - Help!

This has never happened to me. I have a new NuWave Oven ProPlus, and I always set the temp at 252 to get it to 250. When I went to get my head after it was done it was on its side and caved in. I put it in the fridge and had to lay it down face up since it was too wobbly to stand upright. Now the back of the head is flat where it laid as it cooled. Is there a way to fix this? I was almost done with the doll and am finishing the painted hair. Thank you! :cry:

Try stuffing it really, really tight, so it reforms, and then put it back in the oven at 265 for 8 minutes and see if it will reform. The vinyl has a memory, so it should go back. Good luck!

7 Likes

Thank you, Helen! I will try that.

You better play with the temps as I see your NuWave is off a bit. The temp I gave you works in my oven.

I’ve had it for about a month and it’s always gone to the temp that I set it at. The thermometer read 350 when done. It has a factory default of 350, so I’m wondering if it over road my temp? I always manually put in 252 before selecting the time. Will have to watch it far more closely from now on.

I got her had back to somewhat close. It’s still a tad flat in the back, but she’s better than she was.

Thanks!

1 Like

You can restuff and repeat. After a few times, I think it would be okay again.

2 Likes