Out of my Varnish... Help!

I have a serous problem…I can’t find my soft touch varnish anywhere, they are sold out on Amazon.fr. Instead they sent me 4 bottles of gloss which I will now have to send back. I bought one very overpriced bottle on Ebay from the UK and I bought a pot of Americana art deco soft touch (purple pot). I know the Ultra Matte ones don’t work as well last the plain matte, or does it? Anyway I will be putting matting powder in them so hopefully it will work.
If anyone knows of any shops in Europe where I can buy my beloved DecoArt media soft touch varnish with the blue label please let me know…thanks in advance.

1 Like

Good morning! It’s not just you. I tried to buy some a few weeks ago and they wanted almost 30 for a small bottle. I wonder if there’s a supply issue.

1 Like

Possibly…I thought I had another bottle but I don’t so I guess Ill just have to use my Golden varnish only for awhile because the Americana won’t be here until late next week and I want to get hair on my Tink so I can sell her. Maybe I can mange to scrape out what is left in my last pot LOL.

1 Like

Maybe that can work. How much do you use each baby? Is it as good as the Decoart? The Americana?

1 Like

Ive never used the Americana but the overpriced pot of DecoArt media won’t be here for several weeks so I will try it. If its shiny I will just pounce on another layer of Golden matte varnish.
Tink is small so I may be able to manage if I mix in the matting powder.

1 Like

Do you use cornstarch to matte down your painting? It works well, and @anjsmiles has a tutorial explaining everything. I bet it’s because of the trade issues. Lots of things are getting rare or more expensive.

1 Like

I use the RebornFX matting powder but I may go back to using cornstarch when I run out of this because its expensive for me to buy from anywhere outside the EU. I have to pay fees and taxes. I might get more because I like some of the paints as well.

1 Like

My son bought some yesterday, for no reason and my mind went to matting. Where do you buy your rebornfx supplies?

1 Like

MacPhersons, they are the only place that sells it as they are the manufacturer.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll check them out now.

@Theara @RebornsbyZebra - @anjsmiles called the company and they told her that the decoart and Americana soft touch are the exact same thing so you could use the purple label if you have it. I do add some cornstarch to it…

2 Likes

Thank you!
I did go ahead and buy another overpriced bottle, so i will have two now but I can get the Americana from Amazon so that will be easier. It will be here in a couple days so I can try and see how it goes.

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Not sure where they ship from…

1 Like

The only shipping options they have are the US and Canada but thank you for trying to help :). If the American is the same Ill just use that but if not I guess I have to get the overpriced varnish…I like the way it makes my babies look. I have Tink varnished in only Golden Polymer and I don’t like it, it looks flat and I don’t like the way she feels so hopefully my Americana will be here soon so I can finish her.

1 Like