Ordering mohair

Is it just me or is it a major ordeal to order nice mohair? I am trying to get some Delta Dawn hair but I’m not sure when it will ever happen. Is there some secret to this?

3 Likes

Are you on her mailing list where you get the emails with what she has available?

2 Likes

What’s going on? Hard to find or just nervous to actually order? I admit it was scary for me the first time. Not sure why, though. I haven’t used Delta Dawn. I get most of mine from Carolyn at @sugargliderus. You can PM her to see if she currently has anything. There’s another member that sells on etsy and I’m drawing a blank.

2 Likes

I just signed up. How long does it usually take though? I guess I just thought it was like Amazon or even BB, you just click and order. Guess not. I’ve never ordered any before, just the Ruby Red which I do not want again. I guess I’m just a worry wart.

1 Like

Thanks. Yes, it actually is kind of scary.

Angela is the other one. I only use hers. She has beautiful mohair.

2 Likes

How do you find and hook up with the people who sell it? Is it just kind of who you know? I gotta tell ya, Google was not the biggest help.

2 Likes

@angelas817

1 Like

Thank you

She is a member here. That is how I found her. Here is her shop.

6 Likes

I went back and forth for a couple of months trying to decide if I wanted to spend that much on her mohair. I’ve read that so many liked it and after buying tons of mohair that I wasn’t happy with from different sellers, I finally decided to order from her a few months ago. I’m glad I did so I could see what all the hype was about it but I have to say, I wasn’t impressed, not for the cost and not for the quality of the hair. I might of just been unlucky bc I’ve read so many love it and she’s always selling quickly so ppl are buying it! I might give it another try though. Just got an email Feb 7th and just checked and she still has some available, you just have to email her with your color choice or I put it in the note to seller when I paid through PayPal.

1 Like

That was my next question. Is the color shown the one you get or can you pick your color? Is there some sort of color chart available?

I am looking for a light golden brown color for a custom doll. If anyone knows of any, I would appreciate the help. I want something a lot better than the Ruby Red. That was a bad experience. Thanks in advance.

Slumberland mohair is very nice, also.

1 Like

I like Mohtique and there you get exactly the lot that is in the photo. Personally, I prefer it to DeltaDawn, I do not like the way DD comes so coated in conditioner that it is stiff…

Mohtique mohair site

4 Likes

Thank you, this site looks easy to use. Is the hair quality better than Ruby Red? I see the price is a lot cheaper than DD or Slumberland. I use a 38 gage needle. Which hair would you recommend from this site? And, thanks again. You are all so helpful.

Ruby red is troll hair. Yes, any of those suppliers are levels above it.

6 Likes

Great information…I can’t find any straight hair. I’m considering buying a goat :stuck_out_tongue: where do you get straight hair/slightly wavy? I have two dolls to root and zero hair.

1 Like

I think for ease of ordering and nice hair, either get on Delta Dawns mailing list, or order from Angora Mohtique.

3 Likes

That’s why I haven’t ordered DD. I am afraid of spending that much on it and it not being any better.

I am using some of Angela’s right now and it’s wonderful!

5 Likes