Order difficulties

I was hoping to get a little advice from you lovely ladies,
I’ve recently decided to take the plunge and make my first reborn, and ordered quite a few paint brushes from one site. (I’m UK based) They all stated they were in stock and ready to be dispatched.

Last week, I received all of my order apart from two brushes, a 3/4 mop brush and a tiny nail brush. With no note or any indication of what happened to them. I emailed the lady who I presume owns the online store about the disappearance, and she mentioned the brushes weren’t in stock and I was due to be refunded. I asked if they were due to be in stock soon, and she confirmed and asked to send those when they arrived rather than the refund. I thought all was well and good.

However I hadn’t received anything in the mail. Stock was to be updated on Monday, and it is now Thursday. I emailed the woman again on Tuesday about the brushes, and I suppose she hadn’t made efforts to check as she asked for my invoice number, and haven’t heard anything since.

I’m somewhat nervous as I hope to start Christmas day, and quite a few post offices are on strike this week, which only adds to the anxiety I’m currently feeling. I’m unsure whether to message her again, or to wait and hope. I ought to mention one of the brushes I did receive, the bristles were askew and not in good condition. When asked, she avoided commenting on such matter. I suspect I’ll cut away the bristles and use the brush for fine detail like capillaries on the eyelids and cheeks.

I apologise if this is a very long winded “question” of sorts, but I’m just a little unsure of what to do :slight_smile:

Is there a craft store you can go buy paint brushes from?

1 Like

Unfortunately it was my allotted Christmas money from my parents (I’m not quite old enough yet xD), and there isn’t any wriggle room to be able to purchase more brushes I’m afraid :frowning: I’m very much counting on these brushes turning up

Can you buy cosmetic wedges? I use those a lot. The ones without anything in them. I cut them up all kinds of ways.

2 Likes

Luckily what arrived in the order were cosmetic wedges, I made sure to get quite a lot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Pound land has brushes and makeup sponges if all fails. I am in the UK too so fire away if you need to know a bit more. I have experienced a similar situation like you. I hope you get sorted soon and can start painting :santa:

1 Like

I’ll make sure to see if they have any I’m looking for in :slight_smile: I decided to send another email, I’m hoping she isn’t away for the Christmas break quite yet. It would probably be a little easier to get refunded I think lol

1 Like

I hope you get sorted there is nothing worse then having to wait and not getting an answer to your emails.

1 Like

I use my mop brush all the time. Brushes are very cheap here. Sorry your having a rough start.

1 Like

Running hot tap water over the brush so that the water flows from the ferrule to tip of the brush while it is in the vertical position will help re - alighn the hairs if they are not too badly bent. Hope it works, I have done it many times.

1 Like

I would ask for a refund and get your brushes elsewhere!!

1 Like

I think I just might! It’s a little poor of a service