Opinion needed

Here are a pair of cute little chunky legs. I am going for a pale skinned baby.
My question is what can I add to give a little warmth but still keep the paleness. I was thinking a light orange wash but wasn’t sure. Pinkish wash? Idk.
Btw, my creases appear darker in the picture than what they really are.

4 Likes

I want this color which is how they look wet. Lol

2 Likes

I would think light burnt umber washes.

4 Likes

If you have 06 flesh, I would recommend that. It will still be rather pale.

2 Likes

All I have is Flesh 08 and baby skin. I do have burnt umber though.

Maybe I’ll just make a secret sauce recipe or something lol. I’m really liking my results so far, and I’m just scared to mess it up.

I like the color they are, actually. If you want to add just a touch of color, you can add a touch of burnt umber to a bit of flesh 08 and either use it as a wash or mottle.

3 Likes

That is exactly what I decided to do. I will do it as a mottle so I dont change what I have completely.

5 Likes

You are really good! You are already figuring out what the folks tell you who have been doing this longer! Woo Hoo!

2 Likes

When I paint my babies I paint the neck and limb flanges at the same time. That way I have test areas, for times like this, that I can use without messing anything up.

5 Likes

That is super smart

2 Likes

A very light raw sienna wash could help add some warmth but also keep a baby on the paler side.

2 Likes

That is great advice! I will definitely be doing that going forward. Ty!

Lol. I am far from that but ty!

LOL, Tessa, that was my first disappointment when I learned that things does not look the same after they dried.

1 Like

I know! Lol

Tessa, is Flesh 08 and Baby Skin are different colors? Would you please take a picture for me to see the difference.

@InfantInspirations Hi Angela, can burnt sienna be turned into the raw sienna? I only have burnt sienna, but I want to notice you advise for a future. Thank you!

Do you have either one?

I have never used flesh 08 but it is a light cream color (kinda) and baby skin has a pink tint to it

@jlesser Thank you, Jenni. I have Baby Skin which came with a base kit and till today I thought that they are the same colors :). I use Baby Skin as my fist layer, and then adding to a blush.

1 Like

I can take pictures for you when I get home. But @jlesser is right, baby skin has a pinkish color to it. Flesh 08 is very light. I use the flesh 08 in a lot of my washes and other colors I use. I add burnt umber to the 08 when I want to darken the 08 to a darker flesh tone.

1 Like