One to watch out for

Hi, y’all! Was out of reborning for much of the last year, but started selling on Reborns over the last two months. Woke up to a claim on a cuddle baby I sold 2 weeks ago. Tracking shows it was delivered August 4. Never heard a word from this woman. Now, money is on hold until resolved. I’m guessing she is going to run the full 10 days before it is closed in my favor. Tracking is automatically uploaded when I print the label through PayPal, plus I upload it to Reborns. People🙄 She will be blocked……Shannon Hubbard

8 Likes

Is she claiming she didn’t get it? She’s probably trying to get a free doll or it was delivered but to the wrong address. That happens all the time in my neighborhood.

1 Like

Oh no :cry:

1 Like

Yes. She states it shows delivered, but she didn’t get it. Hoping PayPal will hurry and review my tracking(with receipt) and close the case. My account is in the red because of this. It falls under seller protection and shouldn’t take 10 days.

2 Likes

That is super strange. You would think she contact you first.
Sorry that you have to deal with this. I hope in will be resolved quickly in your favor.

3 Likes

So very sorry! Who is she?

1 Like

Shannon Hubbard
Should have been a red flag when I saw I was the first person she bought from on Reborns.

3 Likes

Sorry that happened to you, it’s scary because I have sold many dolls to customers who were first time buyers on reborns . I’ve never had an issue but it will make me nervous now :disappointed:. Why do people do this.

1 Like

Sorry this happened to you. Seems the first thing she would do is contact you. Sounds fishy to me. Thanks for the heads up on the name.

2 Likes

I couldn’t find her with just her name on there. I guess I need her nursery name to block her. I am weary with all the begging for holds to pay later and hard luck stories I keep getting lately. One gal with 0 purchases wrote me wanting more photos and I sent her 2 only to be told she can’t afford to buy a baby right now. Now I see she has purchased one. I blocked her. I don’t have time for time wasters.

6 Likes

I recognized her name. I can’t figure out where I would know it from. She hasn’t purchased anything from me, and I don’t see her in my inbox, but somehow I know it. Best of luck with the case though. I’ll report back if I find her name anywhere

4 Likes

Maybe she favorited one of your dolls or is following you on reborns?

Same, for some reason her name sounds familiar to me. But I checked, and she hasn’t bought a doll from me nor is she following me on reborns, so I don’t know.

2 Likes

Well if she didn’t get it and it was actually delivered to someone else by mistake, couldn’t a claim be made with usps? So she can get her money back and you don’t have to refund?

1 Like

I thought the same thing and checked my blocked list because I was sure she was on it…nothing. Maybe she changed her name on Facebook?

1 Like

Why does that name sound familiar?

Sorry this happened. Why do people think they can get away with this kinda stuff. I know porch pirates abound but…

Hopefully PP will do right by you.

1 Like

Not really. My responsibility is to get it shipped with tracking to the address on file with PayPal. The PO responsibility is to get it delivered. Porch pirates are widely known. She should have been looking for it or had a camera to see what happened. If a camera showed the PO never really delivered it, then she could have immediately provided them proof. A buyer certainly shouldn’t wait two weeks to say something nor should they tie up a seller’s money on an unjustified claim.

5 Likes

About the name….it absolutely sounds so familiar to me, too.

1 Like

Oh yeah that’s true. I agree.

1 Like

I thought the same about the name being familiar. I went through all my messages on reborns to see if she has messaged me, but nothing from her.

1 Like