One to block

Beware of this buyer, Shani Thrift. She bought my Ever on Reborns a few hours ago. I followed with a email and tracking information. She replied with an email stating that her daughter purchased the doll without her knowledge and to cancel the order. Apparently, her account is not secure and she is not willing to take responsibility for her child. I will block her, but informed her that I will refund her payment(minus seller fees) once I receive the refund for the purchase.

7 Likes

So the doll has already been shipped? I wouldnā€™t refund her money until I got the doll back unless thereā€™s some way to intercept it before it gets to her. It might be legit but it sounds fishy to me.

2 Likes

No, I havenā€™t shipped it. However, I immediately boxed and printed the shipping label today, so I could ship Monday.

Itā€™s a good thing you contacted her with the tracking# or you might have been out the money and your doll. Before shipping, I usually contact the buyer and ask a question like ā€˜Would you like a different name on the birth certificate?ā€™ That way, if itā€™s a legitimately an unauthorized purchase theyā€™d have a chance to let you know in advance. Although I guess there really isnā€™t any way to know for sure whoā€™s answering the question.

2 Likes

I usually donā€™t print a label so quickly, but had the time today to get it done. Plus, I always worry that my internet or printer will go down if I wait until the last minute. Itā€™s not just the label, itā€™s the fact that I now have to relist as a ā€œlisted beforeā€ and I just paid the $1 to feature before she bought it. People need to have control over their finances/computers/payments/children, etc. Itā€™s really not a reason to refund, but we all know what can happen if we dig in our heels and force a sale.

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t change to listed before, that isnā€™t something that Dave wants done is it or happens automatically is it? If so Iā€™d send mail letting him know what happened, he would change it back Im confident.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. It allowed me to put back to available so I didnā€™t have to go through the relist. Not sure how that affects the viewing. I did pay another $1 to feature again. Just hope no one else has to deal with this time waster.

3 Likes

I wonder if you could just ā€˜hideā€™ it until the sale is completed and then mark it as adopted.

2 Likes

It was very strange how the sale showed. It said ā€œreservedā€ and something about private message or such. I thought that could only be done by the seller. Money was in the account and I received an email like always. I wish I had taken a screenshot.

1 Like

Sorry youā€™re dealing with this. Now Iā€™m wondering if this is the same person who did this to me. Did she say that her daughter is autistic and that she needs to send her for counseling? I had one so similar

2 Likes

No mention of that. Thatā€™s awful.:disappointed:

Maybe mom needs to secure her account so her daughter canā€™t access it.

4 Likes