Omg! All I can say is Wow!

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more life-like child doll. At least in the face. I like the freckles.

3 Likes

I learned to really “look” from @pia. I remember seeing a nicely rooted head of hair and she had commented something about pulling the “tails” and extra “pluggy” hairs on the next head. I was thinking “what tails and plugs?” I looked again and sure enough…there they were! Now I can see them on my heads when I root. The hairs just have a “look” about them.

Since then, I slow down and really LOOK. Not so much to critique but to learn. I save images of details that I aspire to.

2 Likes

I had noticed the nails too. The moon shape isn’t even. I think toning the nail color to a slightly more rosy pinky peach that is a bit paler, then making the moons better shaped and even with their color being adjusted a bit would make a big difference.

Definitely, the face and overall appearance of the doll is amazing. I’m not saying the hand/nail stuff to be snarky, or dissng this woman’s talent as she is a wonderful artist. Just picking it apart as a learning experience for myself, ya know?

I like moons but I’m biased as I’ve always had large ones so I kind of expect them on people. I damaged one of mine (left thumb) when I tore a hole in my nail bed. Please ladies, never peel off gel nail color no matter how easily the previous nails peeled. There is a wide discolored pinker band going through it now. Bugs me.

That being said, nails are hard. I am working on mine all the time and they are always a challenge. Much easier for me to give my opinion than to actually do it myself. :laughing:

4 Likes

She always has unique and beautiful babies…but I think this one is by far her best yet!!

1 Like

Amen! Me, too.

1 Like