Old Kit Paint Party!

@Alypants @PaperCityDolls
Anyone is welcome to join our “old” kit painting party! Be sure to post lots of pics and let us know who you’ll be painting. I would say no realborns other than the very first ones, so we’ll say that Presley,Asher & Kase (sold out) count, as well as Clyde and Thomas. Can be a bb kit or a non-bb kit, as long as it’s old :slight_smile: I’ll be painting Jewel

15 Likes

Yay!!! I’ll order my kit tonight after dinner:)

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see who you choose!

1 Like

I will narrow it down here soon! This is going to be fun!

1 Like

Is Greta Arcello considered old?? I was going to do her next and want to play if she qualifies. :woman_shrugging: (She’s also a portrait baby)

1 Like

When did she come out? She’s a few years old at least, so I would say so. Go for it!

1 Like

I think it was 2016

1 Like

I’m in. :raising_hand_woman:t2:‍♀ Today I started painting Leo and Lola Donnelly as well as Gabriela Swailkowski. Are they old enough? I may pull out a couple of old BB kits when I get to the halfway point with these 3. I need to destash, so I’m trying to paint some of the old kits to make room for new ones.

1 Like

Gabriela is definitely old enough, I think she’s been around for about as long as I’ve been reborning! I don’t know about the other 2

2 Likes

Sounds good, I think she counts for sure.

1 Like

Okay here’s my Greta as well as her inspiration

19 Likes

Wow! Perfect match! I think I’ll start on Jewel tomorrow. I might be too busy rooting Maia (who I’m obsessed with) but I’ll try :rofl:

2 Likes

Here’s my contribution. :blush: BBs Jacelyn.

14 Likes

I messed up Jewel so badly that her head went in the trash the other night. Her limbs are great lol. She’s adorable when she’s done. I will see what I have that might be older :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh wow! I love!

2 Likes

I was looking at kits and I couldn’t find the years- am I overlooking something? I like both faith and rosebud but I don’t know how old they are!

2 Likes

I am fine with delaying our painting party so you can root :smirk:. Otherwise I may be a little late. I’m hoping I have a sale soon or BB puts some kits on sale.

1 Like

They’re old for sure! It doesn’t state their years, sometimes the neck flange will say. But the majority of non-realborn kits on bb are old. Most came out before I even started reborning. If you’re not sure, you can always ask and we can help.
I can paint and root at the same time. I rooted Tink while painting Maia. And Maia has such a small head that she should take no time at all.

2 Likes

I have quiet a few older kits in my collection (ok a huge amount) and I need to start a new kit. Is there a size requirement or a due date. I’m pretty slow but if I have a due dated I work better. I’ll pull my kits out of the closet tomorrow.

2 Likes

Nope, no size requirement or due date. It’s just a paint together kinda thing, I’ll probably be done in 2-3 weeks though, if you wanna aim for that. I don’t have a body or eyes the right size for mine yet so I need to sell a doll before I can fully finish mine anyway.

3 Likes