Okay ~ I NEVER do this, but gotta share just once

@katieperry, I hope you don’t mind my sharing the lovely words you posted about Willow; my heart melted.

So very sweet of you :heart:

Karen as Willows mother I can tell you, you have hit it out of the ballpark with the likeness of my baby girl! My whole family is RAVING about your version of Willow Flower at this moment. She is perfect. Thank you for creating this beautiful doll

28 Likes

I don’t think you can get a better complement than that, from the one that sculpted her. That’s wonderful!

2 Likes

That is as good as it gets…well done and very deserved!!! :smile:

3 Likes

What a wonderful compliment!

2 Likes

Wow! What a great complement!!! :blush:

2 Likes

Wow! That was so sweet and deserved!

2 Likes

Congratulations, Karen! Were you making the doll for Katie? I’m confused a bit, sorry. I know Willow kit is sculpted by Donna RuBert and it was a portrait sculpt. I guess it was Katie Perry’s daughter Willow that was the model for the portrait sculpt? I looked on BB’s description but it doesn’t say that part.

1 Like

Thanks everyone; I just needed to share those very kind words with you. Meant the world to me :heart:

@bebe, yes, Donna RuBert sculpted Willow Flower, who is Katie’s little girl. I wasn’t making the doll for Katie; I just bought the kit and reborned it and sent a pic to Katie, since she’s Willow’s mommy and then I posted it on my FB wall (I have 2 FB accounts, one for family and friends, the other for business) ~ Katie saw it and that’s when she posted that sweet message.

3 Likes

She is super cute Karen.

2 Likes

I love it when a mommy loves the as much as you do, knowing they are going to loving arms means so much!

3 Likes

Awe! Congratulations! So nice to be appreciated isn’t it?

3 Likes

What nice recognition of your work. Makes it all worth it. She is adorable.

3 Likes

Thanks so much, everyone! I didn’t want it to seem like I was bragging because I totally was NOT, I just had to share such a sweet message; makes it all worthwhile and had me grinning from ear to ear. :blush:

1 Like

Wow, did you know what the real Willow looked like? If not, what a wonderful coincidence! And I didn’t think you were bragging at all. It’s just nice to get such sweet recognition for your work.

2 Likes

@bebe there are pics of the real Willow posted in the BB gallery and Katie & I are FB friends, so she sometimes posts pics of Willow there.

@Sony72 ~ I used a 15" Tara wig in blonde from Monique. I felt like it didn’t overpower her face but was just the right amount of hair.

2 Likes

Lovely words to hear…especially by the person who sculpted this beautiful girl…great artistry on your part…your heart must just be swelling with thankfulness…!!..

1 Like

That’s a well deserved compliment! Willow is gorgeous! Congratulations!!! I’m glad that you shared the post with us!!

1 Like

Congrats…how sweet to hear from the actual mommy!!

1 Like

How awesome Karen!!! You did a great job as always… So very proud of you!!!

1 Like

Well deserved ,she’s precious !!

1 Like