Nuwave users please help

Can you please help!
Am I supposed to put this piece in when I am using the extender ring? Sorry if that is a dumb question. It doesn’t show it in the second picture but then it seems like it should go in.

2 Likes

Yes, you should put the metal piece in the bottom. If you don’t the plastic base would melt.

4 Likes

I didn’t put mines in. But lay some type of white towels on the surface of the black pan. I’m referring to the wire rack.

1 Like

I gave the silver metal racks to my mother. Lol she uses them as cooling racks for baked goods.

1 Like

Are you talking about the rack or the pan? I have all the parts in mine but I put the rack upside down just like it is pictured above. The reason is: If you turned the rack up like you were going to cook food on it it would make your parts too close to the heating element. You don’t need the rack in there at all but I hang my thermometer on the handle part that sticks up. Make sense?? Make sure to place a SMOOTH folded up cloth in the bottom so your parts are protected!!

4 Likes

I don’t use the chrome metal rack. I do use the solid black pan, with a white towel on it (white so no dyes transfer to the vinyl). I’m no pro. I just read somewhere here how other people did it, and that seemed to be the consensus.

2 Likes

I’m meaning the metal pan. The one shown in the photo by itself and the one my finger is pointing to in the picture. Do I put that in the bottom?

Also so I do not use the metal racks is that correct?

Pic one or pic two is correct?
And no wire rack correct?

Thank you so much

1 Like

Picture two it says something about it being a fire risk if used with out it on my paper work

2 Likes

Picture two is right, I put a towel over the pan so the parts don’t melt.
Here’s what mine looks like

And the pan underneath

4 Likes

Thank you VERY MUCH!! I’m ready to cook my Harper

5 Likes

pic #2

If you have never used a nuwave be ready for it to stink! Way worse than the glass dome magic chef oven i have.

1 Like

You are very welcome. Another tip is when you put your thermometer in, if it has hooks, hang it from the top. Mine has hooks and it stays up there and I don’t have to worry about it touching any of the parts I’m baking.
Like this

2 Likes

I would not do this, the thermometer will be right next to the element, touching the hot metal and will register temperatures higher than the air in the oven. I have mine as close to the vinyl bits as possible to make sure the temperature reading is the temperature the vinyl is getting.

4 Likes

Sorry, I couldn’t find my own photo, but here is one of the other ladies’ set up photos. I use the pan at the bottom, then the rack (upside down) and hang the thermometer from the rack. Just like in these photos.

https://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/uploads/db4141/974/48b98974c5fbe68f.jpg

3 Likes

That’s what I do too.

1 Like

No, I don’t put the metal in. I lined the bottom with a white towel.

1 Like

I would not ever put the dome on the holder like in the picture just above. It puts too much stress on the plastic dome and could cause it to crack much sooner than it would normally.

1 Like

Wow, Carmen, I never thought about that! I do use the side holder, but I place the dome very gently. Hmmm… Do you just set it down flat?

1 Like

Yes, just flat on my counter.

1 Like