NuWave Oven: Clear or Amber Dome

In your opinion - what is the best NuWave to have?

My clear dome has started to crack. But I don’t know if that is because the clear isn’t as good - or if it is because it was purchased at a garage sale (very reasonably priced I might add). I don’t reborn nearly as much as I would like but it has lasted a few babies.

But I would like to get a replacement eventually and want to know what experience you have had with the different domes.

I am creating a new topic because when I type it in in the search engine so so so many topics come up I have no idea where to begin.

Thank you all!

3 Likes

My clear one cracked super fast.
I have not heard of the amber ones cracking… at least not that I remember

4 Likes

I’ve had the amber one for over a year, no cracks.

3 Likes

I’ve had the amber one for over 3 years and have no problems.

2 Likes

My amber dome is coming up on 3 years now and still going strong. Knock on wood. :wink:

1 Like

I have one of each - the amber one is probably 2 months newer - but I haven’t had any problems from either one. I bought them both at Kohl’s. Both are 3 years old - so I guess I have been very lucky.

1 Like

I’ve had my NuWave for quite a while (clear dome) I noticed it does have some cracks up at the top where the heating element is but it doesn’t seem to be bothering anything so until it does I’ll just leave it alone.

1 Like

@Pamela2Heaven and @lynn. I’m curious, do you wipe out your clear domes after each use?

1 Like

Probably about once a week. I cook outside - on my deck. I have a workshop outside my house so I have a pretty good routine.

2 Likes

I went through 4 clear domes ( I’m a wild one) , bought the amber and still no problems!! Go amber!
But directly from the nuwave site… I found it to be way cheaper than the sellers on eBay :grinning:

2 Likes

Mine has the amber dome and I’ve been using it for years without an issue. It will probably fall apart the next time I use it simply because I posted this! I think I’ve read on forums about more problems with the clear ones than the amber ones.

3 Likes

I don’t but I noticed it’s kind of dirty looking right now, time for a little wipe!!

2 Likes