Nuwave Baking help,1st time

Since my convection oven is ruining my babies I decided to get the nuwave oven . Can anyone explain how they use this oven from start to finish . Starting my first babies and feel I hAve

so many questions but I want to do a excellent job and do the best I can . So far everyone has been so helpful and I really appreciate it!!! Is this the correct oven ? I read what everyone said about nuwave so that’s why I went with this one .

@jlesser Always has great advice when it comes to the Nuwave :wink:

3 Likes

I found that I kept melting spots and getting shiny spots with one extender ring, so now I always use two extender rings. Others have success with only one ring though. I always use an oven thermometer. Have fun baking! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, But I don’t use mine. It stinks and It broke. :confused: Easily and fast and now I hold a grudge. LOL

Nuwaves need to be about 265° for 8 minutes. Mine I have to enter the temp into. Others have power numbers… 7 I think?

Always use an extender ring and a separate thermometer inside with the kit

1 Like

I can’t find where to buy an extra one . I’ve got one now. I’m glad I’m not the only one that has burnt or has shiny spots ! But I don’t ever want to again . !! It’s devastating lol

1 Like

I bought an extra one on Amazon. One will probably work fine for you, but if it doesn’t then two extender rings seems to be a good solution.

1 Like

2 or 3 extender rings are only needed if you doing toddlers. I use 1 ring n have not burnt or melted a kit. Well, Except for the one time I set the temperature wrong!! :smirk::smirk:

1 Like

That looks like the Nuwave I use and it’s awesome. I hang an oven thermometer from the inside top to keep an eye on the temp, but it seems right on. I always use the extender ring and set mine at 265 for 8 minutes for most kits, 7 minutes if the kit is a tiny one, and so far no problems.
Keep an eye on the temp as you get used to it and make double sure you enter the right thing when you program each baking. Make sure to put a clean white pillowcase or some other smooth white fabric on the bottom and bring it up the sides a little to keep the kit pieces from touching any part of the oven. I’d also not let them touch each other. Heads can be baked laying on the side and that’s sometimes safer as when the vinyl heats it softens and the head can tip over onto another piece.
Good luck, I think you’ll love it!

2 Likes

Here are a couple of set up photos. I use a rolled up wash cloth to cradle the head so it doesn’t squish or topple over when it gets hot.

2 Likes

This is amazing help everyone !!! Feeling more confident!! Can’t wait to get back at it once my oven comes !!

Mine is just like the one in the photos above. I have a white cotton dishtowel (no print on the towel) in the bottom. I bake on level 6 for 9 minutes. Have never had a melted baby in it. I use mine on the deck outside our dining room. Hold your breath when you take off the cover so you don’t breath in the cloud of fumes that come out when you take the cover off.

2 Likes

I use that oven too with a white baby diaper cloth on the bottom (no print)
You could also use a white towel
265 for 8 minutes
Best item I ever purchased for doll making.

1 Like

Here goes nothing !! Test pieces in then I’m doing the real deal! This thing is awesome!! Cook time 265 , 8 minutes correct ? No body pieces touching , face up… missing anything ? Let paint dry before bake and let cool for how long before I apply more paint ? Let’s just say two dolls first time for Xmas I’ve lost my mind !!!

I think you’ve got it. I let mine cool for several minutes back to room temp before painting again.

1 Like