Nursery names

I don’t think I ever told anyone…most people think I must be from or live in Saint Cloud Maine or Minnesota. There is also a commune in Paris named Saint Cloud.

I actually got the name from one of my favorite books “The Cider House Rules” By John Irving, one of my favorite Authors (Garp, A Prayer For Owen Meany…)

In the story it’s a great big mansion turned hospital/orphanage. A train brings women there to have babies, Leave babies, or who wish to no longer be pregnant.

It is a beautiful story.

Every baby is named by the two nurses and doctor (later two doctors).

When I first started reborning I use to write a foundling story for every baby. I don’t anymore, it kinda creeped some people out and there were people who found my website accidentally and it really confused them.

I am transitioning to SCN.

6 Likes

When I made Cabbage Patch type babies, my nursery name was “Lost Foundlings”…

4 Likes

My husband nicknamed me mother rabbit. when I started painting I asked him, what do I go by? He suggested that. looks like a few of us have been named by our husbands lol

3 Likes

I honestly have no Idea where mine came from… Mine is Rise and Shine reborns maybe its because I paint from dusk to dawn :laughing:

2 Likes

Every time I see your nursery name I get a little kid song stuck in my head:
Rise and shine
And give God the glory, glory
Rise and shine
And give God the glory, glory.
Rise and shine
And give God the glory glory
Children of the Lord! :heart:

And donuts. It also reminds me of the local donut shop. Rise and Shine Donuts. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Same!

1 Like

Mine is literally my last name, I actually tried several names and decided to just use my last name. I would like to change it to something cute one day though :relaxed:

1 Like

I unintentionally ended up at the top of the list on Reborns because of “A” at the beginning of my nursery name :grin:

2 Likes

Oh boy! I’m fortunate that I wasn’t named by mine. Otherwise I’d be something like morbid little creeps. Of course, that kind of has a ring to it. :laughing:

5 Likes