Newbee

Hi all, Been reading this forum for a while and getting great ideas and tips and finally took the plunge and got a kit. My efforts are ok I suppose . I still have a long way to go so I will be on here a lot. I have fallen in love with reborns. I’m in Scotland and it’s a very small community of reborn artists

14 Likes

Welcome.

2 Likes

Welcome Vanda! You might be our first person from Scotland. We have Canadians, Australians and I’m not sure who else though, so you have joined the right community here. We’ll be glad to share what we know with you. You are going to love reborning. Post lots of pictures. We love pictures on here. And chat. We are a real chatty bunch too!

4 Likes

Welcome ! Anything to help let us know more the merrier :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you all. I’ve done a couple of practise things and I’ve just received my twin a kit so I will give it a go. And not a bit of tartan in sight. Promise. Ha ha.

1 Like

No Tartan? That’s not good. I love Tartan and all things Scottish. We Americans love to embrace our ancient ancestry. My family is from Scotland. (Great Grandpa) and I love knowing I am a McDonald! Now if I waas was just sure WHICH McDonald. There seem to be dozens of them! What’s your favorite Scottish name? I am always looking for baby names. Maybe I’ll do the tartan, LOL.

2 Likes

My grandmother on my Mom’s side was a McGregor. So I think we have Scottish in our “tree” as well as Irish from my Dad’s side… which is O’Brien.

Needless to say… I burn easily. LOL

2 Likes

Me too! I’m sure glad they invented sunscreen or I couldn’t go out at all!

3 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Vandal!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Vanda!

2 Likes

Hi Vanda, welcome to our reborn “family”. Where are you in Scotland? I was born in Scotland in a small village called Crosshill in the Kingdom of Fife. I was back to see my GrandMother for her 100 birthday in 2007. She passed 2 years later and she is a huge miss for our family. I still have family there but don’t get back very often. It’s nice to “meet” someone from “home”. I have been in America most of my life but I still miss Scotland. We are all pure bred “Scots” but now our children married Americans so our blood line is beginning to get diluted!! I hope you enjoy it here, we are a great group of ladies and very willing to help one and all. Hope you’re having fun!!!

3 Likes

Oh Lynn, I’m sorry. I knew you were from Scotland and forgot. So we have two “Scotties!”. I feel dumb. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Glad to have you.A few of us like me are new too so you have company

1 Like

Oh, no problem there, I thought you were just talking about forum members who are actually IN Scotland now!!! And since I’m NOT I didn’t think anything of it!!!.

3 Likes

Welcome @Vandal

2 Likes

Great to have you here :blush:

2 Likes

Hi Vanda and welcome to our fast growing family xx

2 Likes

Ha ha your all more Scottish than me. I’m not that far from crosshill actually. I’m half polish and half Irish and my parents met during the war and stayed in Dundee. My son plays in a pipeband and trust me that’s lovely but its 24/7. Drives my dogs crazy. My kit is in the post office so I collect it tomorrow. Yaaaahhhh! X

2 Likes

Here is my first of many attempts. Uploading…

1 Like