New to reborns & need help

Hi everyone, I’m new to reborns I have previously collected porcelain dolls but ended up downsizing except a minor few when I moved out on my own. I have been looking at tons of different babies, videos, eBay listings, blogs, etc. And I have already run into a slight snag & was looking for a place to find some help. I fell in love with an eBay listing for a doll but it appears to be a stock photo, has no kit name listed & is from China so I am very leery of purchasing this particular baby. I don’t know if y’all could help identify the kit from the photo or not? Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Show us a picture but I am betting if it says from China,it is very likely an illegal copy.

That was part of my concern. I just love the way this baby looks & I thought if I could find out the kit I could find one from a reputable source.

@jlesser Is our master at recognizing kits.That is a fake from China and silicone vinyl is not a thing.

2 Likes

Yeah I saw the listing & fell in love with the look of the baby, then read the listing & :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I was thinking this is going to require some digging to find this sculpt from a good place. I don’t trust when it’s only stock photos, silicone vinyl made me do a spit take & it was just a mess.

I agree with @CarolinaCuties, pretty sure it is a knock off illegal kit.

I do think I know the head… but not sure on the limbs or body. That body (private area) looks very strange to me and unrealistic.

Anyhow give me a minute to find the kit :wink:

1 Like

Possibly Noah asleep by Reva Schick… or Ariana by her

Noah

Ariana asleep

2 Likes

Awesome! I am so glad I found this forum. I felt so overwhelmed trying to figure out how to find the sculpt of that baby. Y’all have been amazing. I know a lot of illegal copies & even stolen pictures are a problem with eBay so definitely wanted to find out more about it.

1 Like

The head is a copy of Ariella by Reva Schick. Limbs are not hers. No idea what half torso that is.

2 Likes
1 Like

So many sculpts to love! :heart_eyes:

Thank you for helping her.I was thrown that it didn’t look like any one specific kit.I guess now they are slapping heads and limbs from different kits together to make it look less like a copy.

1 Like

Well that is how Babyclon does it… :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Yep, that’s Ariella. Definitely a fake Chinese reborn.