New to all things reborn (including this forum ☺️)

Hi! My name is Alyssa and I am a 35yo (as of yesterday, haha) SAHM of two real babies, Jackson (3.5) and Emma (2) and one new realborn Quinn whom I have named Riley (he’s the included picture. I know it doesn’t show much of him but it’s just so sweet). I’m still repaying our budget from my purchase of Riley but used some birthday money to buy the Faith kit by Heather Boneham (I have a special place in my heart for preemies as I was one, haha). I’m super excited to start but can’t afford the oven or the paints to use heat set paints so I’m hoping to find an acrylic alternative that won’t chip when handling baby (not play, just occasional cuddling and clothes changing).

Anyway, that’s the short of it! I expect I’ll just be lurking for a while until I can actually start on my Faith.

17 Likes

Welcome to the forum

1 Like

Welcome to the family!

1 Like

Welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum, you are going to love his hobby, it’s FUN and also Expensive------not to mention addictive!! Watch out for that, before you know it you will have a stash of kits like the rest of us!!

3 Likes

Welcome and Happy Belated Birthday!

virgobday

3 Likes

Welcome! I just started making babies this year. You’ll be hooked in no time :wink:

1 Like

Welcome to the wonderful world of reborns, that is an awesome baby! Did you purchase him reborn or did you make him yourself?

I just posted about air dry vs GHSP and as long as you are sealing and using good paint it sounds like the quality stays the same.

Don’t invest a lot on your first kits. If you are going to reborn for the first time buy a sale kit at bountiful baby. If the kit is inexpensive you won’t feel stressed out and you can have fun learning.

2 Likes

Welcome. I use Liquitex Professional Soft Body paints. They’re highly pigmented and UV protective. I really like them and they’re less expensive than ones ‘specially formulated for reborns’. I also really like that I can just go buy them at Michael’s. No baking needed so no chance of melting your hard work, and no increase in the utility bill. Baking with 2 little ones probably isn’t your best option, anyway-too much chance of distractions. I use Americana Soft Touch Varnish for sealing. I’ve been using Liquitex for several years and I’m happy to help if you have questions. No help at all with heat set 'cause I’ve never used them.

2 Likes

Welcome! I just started on this awesome adventure a few months ago and I am definitely obsessed with it. Good luck on your journey and remember to just have fun!

2 Likes

Hi!!! Happy birthday and welcome!!! :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

1 Like

Welcome :grinning:, you came to the right place you will find a wealth of information in past posts as well as the most helpful group of ladies ever. We have all trouble shot just about every issue you might run into between everyone past and present here on this forum so enjoy and don’t hesitate to ask questions.

1 Like

Aww, thank you, ladies! I already love this group!! Super excited to become a part of it :heart:️:heart:️

Welcome! I use the Waterborne Air Dry paints & Mediums. They are great paints. Affordable, too. The company is awesome to work with. Ships as fast as BB. I know it is not as large as BB, but I still get the orders in like 3 days. Just go to WaterBorne Paints to check them out. They also have a free tutorial for them.

1 Like

Welcome !! And happy birthday! - bb just started carrying golden air dry paints - I haven’t used them yet ( planning to add some to my collection soon ) but several on here have -there is a patreon page with Melissa George that several follow and she uses golden paints - it is a wealth of info too -it costs 9$ a month -so it might be something to consider after u recover from recouping dolly money spent on your new beautiful baby - have fun with it and as excited as you will be to finish your first baby - take your time - you will be happier with the results :slight_smile: happy reborning !

2 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

You ladies are all a wealth of information, thank you so very much!

2 Likes