New kits versus old kits

Just got some new kits in yaaaa! When I opened the box I couldn’t believe how little and white the heads are compared to my old ones lol. Havent bought any in a looong time. Is this how they all are now? Cant wait to paint them! Just might have to order some of the big babies though… oh darn

14 Likes

Wow!

1 Like

BB vinyl is yes. Some other places have a little darker ones. I never see the dark pink on new kits that I have bought

2 Likes

It varies, but most kits are paler now. BB vinyl is lovely in my opinion. It’s very neutral.

2 Likes

WOW!! I have some of those old vinyl types tucked away. It’s fascinating to see them with the lighter vinyl. Even those who were using the Orange German vinyl are now turning to the lighter vinyl in new kits.

1 Like

I have often heard that the newer kits are generally smaller, but it’s something to see them side by side :astonished:

1 Like

And what’s funny is some newer ones are marked to end up being roughly the same size babies as the old ones. They’re be nicer to root for sure… and pretty sure the new bodies I bought will seem too small for the older ones.

Yes! its nice not to have to neutralize the color first I might actually be able to achieve a paler baby now.

It makes the process a lot easier, that’s for sure. You can make some really nice pale babies with the BB vinyl.