New & Improved Jewel, by Denise Pratt -- Available NOW!

Hi Everyone!

Bountiful Baby New Jewel, by Denise Pratt is AVAILABLE NOW!

As of November 2015, all of our new Jewel kits have improved (increased) detail. You can see the new vinyl by following this link: Bountiful Baby, click the picture, then scroll to the very bottom of the page.

Jewel is featured on our home page at http://www.bountifulbaby.com/.

Thanks!

Emily,
Bountiful Baby

4 Likes

I think I prefer the old one. I like the “smaller” head and less wrinkles on the forehead but I still like the new one as well.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I think that this “new” Jewel is far from improved.

8 Likes

I really wish they would leave the faces alone! Most of them have charm and character enough. Now, the limbs, well I agree some could use an update but I’m really not liking these ‘improved’ kits!

4 Likes

I agree with Pia i think the newer one looks more dollish, I am working on the old version right now for grandson for Christmas and i really like it the way it was even his or her funny little head

3 Likes

I keep going back trying to find some resemblance between the two kits…all I see is the top lip! They’re totally different babies!

3 Likes

She looks like she had a face lift.

3 Likes

Looks like a whole different baby…I like the “old” Jewel better!!!

3 Likes

SOOOOO DISAPPOINTED!!! I’ve been waiting so long for her and this is what we get??? Aw, man! This baby is cute and I ordered her, but I so wanted the old Jewel. She was just so perfect. Don’t get me wrong, I like this new one but I wish they had left the face alone and just improved the limbs…actually, I thought the limbs were nice on the old one. Do y’all remember when Coke got rid of their original formula and replaced it with the “new and improved” formula? I wasn’t impressed with that either. Of course, the good thing was that they brought back the old one. We can always hope…

9 Likes

That’s the same thing I said. I’m was like the only thing that look similar between “new” Jewel and Jewel is the lips. The head less round and much longer more wrinkles and such. Not a fan.

4 Likes

Aww, :neutral_face: I was really hoping to get my hands on an old Jewel kit! It looks so much like a friend’s little ones, and I wanted to make it for her.

3 Likes

I generally keep my opinions to myself, but that IS NOT Jewel! If you’re going to change the face so much that it’s not recognizable, change the name too. We have waited so long thinking BB was restocking our beloved Jewel. I am very disappointed.

7 Likes

The “old” Jewel’s head looked like a newborn head.

1 Like

Yep. Good comparison.

2 Likes

You are so right!

1 Like

If rather see them discontinue Jewel altogether.

4 Likes

Dear Bountiful Baby,
Can we just have our old ones back in the new vinyl color?
Thank you,
Nichole A. Rotko

7 Likes

Hopefully @bbsupport and @EmilyBB will take input from reborn artists regarding the changes !

7 Likes

They haven’t yet. This is not the first improved sculpt that we have been unhappy with and they keep on ruining them.

4 Likes

I wish they’d ask our opinions (a survey or something) about what would improve the new ones, but that probably won’t ever happen.

3 Likes