Nevin's explanation of automated sales strategy?

Continuing the discussion from Bountiful Baby Automated Sales Strategy Explanation:

So…do I understand correctly that once the stock is stabilized, there wont be sales on BB or will there be a different method of determining sales?

3 Likes

Following! :grinning:

It looked to me like they are shooting for less sales, and more balanced inventory…but what do I know? HA I’ll be really sad if there aren’t constant sales!!

2 Likes

I hope not. I love the sales

3 Likes

From a business standpoint though you can’t blame them if they go to a more steady pricing average.

4 Likes

Yeah their deals are amazing but they gotta make money too haha! Even their full price kits are less than half price of the other kits out there.

3 Likes

true

We sure have gotten spoiled with BB, haven’t we? (and we love it)

2 Likes

Yes ma’am!!!

1 Like

You’re right. I had forgotten that. Maybe going back to the old way is a good thing for our wallets too. :wink:

I guess they feel like they always have sales.Then if you look At the Mc peterson site doll kits are 100 dollars and better.Not including international shipping.And people are talking about they bought 2 or three of those kits.But get up here and say they dont have any dolly dollars.I see people say they broke…then the next post they working on a hundred dollar kit…what…i just look

1 Like

LOL! That’s why they are broke. :wink: Most of the babies I’ve created were using BB kits. Honestly, I like the vinyl as much or more than some of the more expensive kits. And with some of the RealBorns being LEs and having COAs, AND the affordability, BB is still in the lead as far as I’m concerned. I have become pickier about the kits I choose to paint and I still choose BBs much of the time. I will miss the frequent sales, but I understand their need to have inventory stabilized.

1 Like

I am very judicious about what kits I will spend more on. I like the BB Real born kits and a few of the regular BB kits but I am only going to spend so much on a regular BB kit because many of them look very basic to me.

4 Likes

I read it that way, too. There would be more sales just after the kits are inventoried and inspected(to allot for seconds and test parts) with a tampering off as the supply of that kit meets a daily sales average to allow enough inventory until the next shipment. Not perfect, as there may be an unforeseen demand for a certain kit which would mean a longer out of stock period, which is what I think they are trying to avoid.

1 Like