Need your opinion on babies for children…

I have 3 babies to make for Christmas for my nieces. They are 6,7,8 yrs old. I was planning to paint a few of the BB $35 sale kits but I found these at Walmart. I will be painting hair. Any opinions? I know these wouldn’t be as cuddly but might be more durable. Has anyone personally worked with one of these? I haven’t purchased any yet. Thanks!

1 Like

Pretty sure you can put them on a cloth body? @anjsmiles @janan

1 Like

You would need to cut the neck to use as a flange, etc. if you want a cloth body.

We have a version of these and I could not get it apart. So I just did powders and air dry varnish.

1 Like

Oooooh I didn’t think of that. Thank you!!

Ugh. I don’t need another project. I’ll probably just stick with what I know. I wasn’t sure. Thank you!

Others have done it. It just didnt work for me but that was when I first started and I didnt want to heat it.

I think LaDonna Briggs does them and has some videos on youtube…

1 Like

I will look. I appreciate it.

I did this one on a cloth body. I used a pipe collar for the neck flange but you can cut the shoulder area of the body and use that. The grooves on the limb flanges are wider than usual so you might need wider zip ties so they fit the limb openings without slipping.

1 Like

I started when this was what we had. I wouldn’t recommend them for children not used to reborns because with the flange you would have to use, it would be more delicate. It would be different if bountiful baby still sold the neck adapters. A bb sale kit with minimal paint would be easier.

2 Likes

So cute!!! :heart:

I think so too. That’s what I’m going with.

1 Like

Ive made one. Theyre really nice to hold once put on a cloth body! I made mine for my 9 at the time sister. I accidentally threw away the torso so I super glued a neck ring to the head and it’s still holding up to this day.

5 Likes

Thank you.

these make wonderful little babies. I made them for kids and put poly pellets in the limbs and head and body. I ended up with about a 2 1/2 or 3 lbs baby.

LaDonna Briggs sells the neck flanges for them on her Etsy shop.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1582187434/neck-flange-for-14-to-17-berenguer-doll?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=neck+flange&ref=sr_gallery-1-2&pro=1&sts=1&content_source=876e4834b888b9b3598035cc8bbc0d965ebdd05b%253A1582187434&search_preloaded_img=1&organic_search_click=1
The 15-17" BB body works perfectly. Here are pics of the last ones I did.

ANJ_1489.JPG by Angie Jones
ANJ_1488.JPG by Angie Jones
ANJ_1492.JPG by Angie Jones
ANJ_1493.JPG by Angie Jones
ANJ_1494.JPG by Angie Jones

6 Likes

They’re adorable!!

Having that neck flange is a game changer. It means if you wanted to, you could.

2 Likes

Do you know what mm the flange is?

I do not but that link is for the size for the little 14" babies like you are talking about.

You can cut the neck flanges off the torso of the body and re-use it but you must leave enough of the shoulders plate so that it does not pull out of the body. Then cinch the neck of the body up pretty snug so that the head is turned on the flange like it would on the torso rather than the whole neck piece turning. It is kinda tricky which is why I prefer to buy the neck flanges.

2 Likes

Thank you for the help!

I’ve painted two with parts as usual. One sold fast on Etsy and the other is teaching my grand boys about babies. It is fun to see a one and three year old comfort a crying baby.

1 Like