Need opinions on Maddie

Im new to this as well so I cant give any advice…but you did really good! Any tips for a fellow beginner?

She looks great.I actually love the eyes.

1 Like

I’m not the best to give advices but: paint with very thin layers (including lips). I used to ignore this and my babies would turn out with paint spots everywhere and not look good overall. Dont be afraid to use color, and if you add too much, you can always tone it down or even strip the paint. Its freeing to know that it’s your baby and you can anything you want with it, so dont be afraid to try new things and its fun to see every baby improve a bit. I’m still too afraid to ruin everything but it’s a process. You probably already knew all of that but its what I could think of lol. Good luck on your reborn journey :slight_smile:

so do i lol. I think I’m gonna keep them on her

1 Like

I think you did really good. Her colors, blushing and mottling showed up better when I zoomed in on the second picture. If the brown eyes are smaller, you could try one and compare how they look, then order that size in blue. I promise they’ll get to you before you finish rooting. lol What kind of mohair will you be using?

She’s nicely done, maybe could use a little more color but you did a nice job. Her eyes (the colored part) is definitely too big for that socket. There needs to be more white showing on both sides of the iris. JMO

that head is really big so im pretty sure it’ll arrive before I even get the courage to start rooting :joy::joy: the hair that I’m gonna be using is like a synthetic mohair, which i used before and works like a charm. it looks like this when it’s done (I’m not the best on rooting but I make it work)

3 Likes

That looks really good for synthetic and it’s such a pretty color. Can I ask where you got it?

2 Likes

Her left eye looks slightly lower than her right…making her look unfocused.

I think if you could make sure the pupils are fairly even…and maybe offset the eyes slightly it might help.

When I zoom in I can see that there is actually a small bit of white showing around the irises

Edited to say: if these are flatback eyes…never mind…its really hard to offset that type of eye
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I got it from a reborn supply store in brazil, which is where I live, so I dont think you can find it anywhere else :frowning:

yeah they are flatback :face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I actually like how the eyes have some of the colored part covered, this happens sometimes when people are smiling or laughing, so I think it makes her look happier.
The eyes themselves also have a nice depth of color to them.

1 Like