Nails on this little one

Hey ladies.
I’ve been painting a Wolke kit. (I think that’s how you spell it.) and honestly, his fingers and toes are so tiny, I have no idea how I am supposed to do nail tips on him! I’m wondering if I should just gloss them and forget the white tips? }

just for reference, here he is so far. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Not sure what size he is… but I use a toothpick…

3 Likes

He’s precious :heart_eyes: beautiful baby!!
Max has teensy little nails too! It was time consuming bc I had to go very slow but, I used my magnifying light and a very small script liner and just barely brush the very tip of the nail. Also, I made sure I had only a little paint on my brush…

2 Likes

Thanks ladies. :slight_smile:
Honestly. I hate doing the nails, almost as much as I hate rooting. LOL!!
This is one I would leave bald…But I can’t because he’s a custom and his mommy wants hair.

I’ll see if I can get realistic nail tips on him. I might need a stronger magnifier. lol. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I heard someone say before that they use prisma for nails?

1 Like

I use a toothpick for nails, also. They don’t splay like a brush.

2 Likes

There is a pen that I have for nails… I bought it at hobby lobby. It’s a white gel pen… Called a jelly maybe? It’s to white though, so I bake and then go over the entire nail and tip with my nail color. Anyway… This baby is gorgeous!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Thanks Nikki! I will see about the gel pen this weekend. I think it will give me better control over it since his nail beds are SO tiny!

:slight_smile: Thank you! I am so happy with how he has come out so far. Seems I always fall in love with the dolls I make that already have mommies waiting! I am SO tempted to refund her and keep this one. <3

1 Like

here are some more photos of him, for anyone who would like to see. :slight_smile: TY for the wonderful compliments on him!

4 Likes

Keep him!!! He is gorgeous!

1 Like

He’s breathtaking

1 Like

Thank you so much!

I have to convince my hubby that the doll is more important than the $ LOL!! This custom was only for 350$ and she still owes half…So…We’ll see if I can finagle a way to keep him… lol!

1 Like

Good luck! I’ll cross my fingers for you!! Let me know what happens!!! :heart:

2 Likes

I think no tip is more realistic than too white or too thick. I usually put barely any at all.

1 Like

He is a little darling!! I agree with JillianJade…no tip is better than too white or too thick!!! :grin:

1 Like