My two Tone baby

After putting aside this baby for idk how many times I finally tried to complete it and I for the life of me can’t get the limbs close enough to the face. I don’t know what I did wrong and I’m frankly tired of trying to fix it. So verdict how bad is it? Should I just do a cuddle body instead? It was already gonna be a boo boo baby bc of the hair.

5 Likes

I think the limbs look totally fine next to the head. Sometimes babies faces and heads are a little bit darker. I wouldn’t trash her at all. Love the skin tone!

7 Likes

I think it looks good! If anything, maybe you could do a dark purple wash?

3 Likes

It looks good. Don’t trash the limbs. You worked so hard on them and you deserve a return on that hard work. Somebody is absolutely going to love getting that baby. Don’t doubt yourself.

1 Like

I agree on the purple wash. The limbs are a touch jaundiced, but still well painted.

1 Like

I didn’t even notice until I read your post.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone. This was after 1 purple wash. I’ll do a couple more and see what happens. I have a cup of coffee and some paint. We will see gets has the last word tonight. Me or this baby :joy:

1 Like

I think he is fine like he is. The reason his face is darker might just be because of the shading. If you are looking for balance you could shade the limbs a little more. Otherwise if he is a boo boo baby anyway, put him together and sell him as is. Whoever gets him will be happy.

1 Like

I agree a deep purple wash or blue would tone down the warmth of the limbs and it should be fine. Beautiful baby and I would not have even noticed it had you not said so to where I was really looking for it.

1 Like

The limbs just seem a bit warmer than the face. I actually wouldn’t try to get the limbs to match the head but rather the opposite. A nice warm wash such as Burnt Sienna would warm his face.

3 Likes

I know you may see something different in person. I wouldn’t stress all that much. We create these babies to be the image of real babies and sometimes their faces are not the same color as their bodies. If it was far off that would be different. Im the mom of eight and have children of varying skintones. I think he looks great.

2 Likes

I don’t think he looks bad at all. I think the limbs are a bit lighter/more yellow than the head. If you really wanted to fix it a bit I’d just do a purple wash on the limbs. If you’re selling it as a boo boo anyways, I’d just assemble the baby and call it a day. You could list the limb color difference as one of the reasons for discounting it. Personally I don’t think it’s that big of an issue though and had you just posted photos to show off your finished reborn, the color difference isn’t something that would have negatively stood out to me right away. It’s definitely not something in my opinion that a cuddle body instead of limbs would be necessary.

2 Likes

There you go, great advice from the AA expert @specialmoments. Didn’t even think about doing anything to the head. Good idea.

3 Likes