My first doll show as a vendor

EEKS! Yesterday I decided on a whim that if there was a table available that I would sell some of my babies at the London doll and Teddy Bear show here in London, Canada in April. I have never been a seller at a show and have no idea what I am doing…How do I price my dolls? Display them? And money–how do people pay me?

6 Likes

I don’t have any advice for you because Ive never done it either but plan on going to the big doll show in the Netherlands next year (wish I could go in October but Ill be in the US then) and Im hoping to sell my dolls at that one or the one in Paris (Im in France). Good luck to you and I hope someone gives you the advice soon because I would love to know as well :wink:

1 Like

Some of the ladies who did Rose might have tips for you. I know @jlesser will have some good advice.

3 Likes

What show in the Netherlands will you be attending? I’d love to come over and see your dolls!

2 Likes

Not sure if this is helpful, but here is how I set up at our local craft fair last year. I had people pay through PayPal and handed out business cards to everyone.

7 Likes

You went to ROSE as a buyer/looker so I am sure you have set up ideas already

As for payments I used paypal card reader.

My MISTAKE was using the free reader… it put my money on hold for 30 DAYS

Had I used the $24 one… (that I had with me) it would not have. I forgot to charge it the night before… :confused: So I used the free one and it was working well so I didnt think anything of it until I found that it froze everything over $700 (you can only swipe $700 worth in a WEEK)

But others used their free one and had no issues… so who knows.

I also accepted cash.

I sold 13 babies priced $200-$450
Price depended on kit (reg BB, Realborn, LE), hair (prisma, sponged, rooted) etc.

6 Likes

That’s wonderful @jlesser !! How many babies did you bring?

2 Likes

17 and the one with the bow was the ROSE Cares donation baby

6 Likes

Oh yes!! I’ve seen this picture before!! What a bunch of adorable littles!!! Love them! :star_struck:

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Beautiful! What sells better girls or boys?

I will be looking for wicker baskets now!! Nice!

1 Like

I dont know it was pretty mixed

I sold 6 out of 7 boys

and

7 out of 10 girls

2 Likes

I have used Square and been very happy with it. They have a reader that is bluetooth so you can just keep it in your pocket til you need it and it accepts chipped cards as well as contactless payments like Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, and Google Wallet. They do charge a percentage for using their services (not a lot) so you should be sure to build that into your pricing! If you have any questions about it feel free to PM me!

1 Like

I found a beautiful wire basket lined with burlap at Hobby Lobby with handles when they were 50% off. It’s 20 x 15 x 8. It’s perfect.

1 Like

I got the fliers from Once so Real…ill get the dates for you later but I won’t be able to go this year. They have one in March and one in October. Ive been planning a trip back to the US to see my girls and my grandsons and that is when we are going…March is too soon to plan the trip. Next year we should manage it :blush:

1 Like